Got to the lathe...

joefarmer

MR. Supreme Overlord
...and made this exhaust flange for a HTT Prostreet 66! I was pretty proud of myself since it's the first time I've really had something useful to make with a lathe.

66flange.jpg

66flange2.jpg

Here's how it connects:
flangeonturbo.jpg

Here's what it's connecting:
biglittle.jpg

biglittleex.jpg

brandon.

Considering that I started with a 6.25"x1.25" solid round stock, I was pretty happy with the ring. :bow:

brandon.

Last edited:
Nice job Brandon what material did you use?

The finsh of the ID looks like you have done this before. Most don't take enough material on their last pass or use to slow of rpm.

Thanks all. I dunno what number; its just mild steel AFAIK. It was a cutoff from a local machine shop and I asked if I could have it. It weighed 10# to start and now it's probably around 2. I'm still surprised the finish turned out that good since I was told "this knob controls X and this one does Y; don't feed it too fast", then he walked away.

The compressor side of the large one is 91mm, probably off the Garrett that Mike speaks of. It's probably a S400 center chunk and looks like a GT45 ex wheel and housing. Hybrid of some sort.

brandon.

That's one big turbo young man, are you sure you know what your doing with it?? You might break something :poke: LOL LOL

Back