Waterman Pump Plumbing

Since this go brought back up has anyone ran a check valve on these to keep the system primed? Seems like it's needed unless the check valves behind the pump will be enough

I would run a pre filter right before the pump just to be safe. I stick with eaton line and fittings personally
Is this with a filter after too? And what size filter would recommend? Just been busy and putting it off to order this stuff but it's crunch time and need the stuff soon.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Since this go brought back up has anyone ran a check valve on these to keep the system primed? Seems like it's needed unless the check valves behind the pump will be enough

I don't have mine done yet, but i'm planning on it

Wouldn't the check valves behind the pump be enough to hold the fuel there and be enough to start it? Then once running obviously the waterman will supply?

Is this with a filter after too? And what size filter would recommend? Just been busy and putting it off to order this stuff but it's crunch time and need the stuff soon.

Filter before and after the waterman. The filters on the previous page would work. I personally have fleetgaurd bases and filters. But working at cummins makes those cheap to me

Most guys running a waterman/mechanical fuel pump have to start the truck on ether anyways so it has plenty of time to prime the system.

How is everyone sealing the pump clamp to the front cover? Im assuming that haisley forgot to send me the oring that fits the clamp or is everyone just siliconing it to the front cover?

It should. Damn near have to chisel the stuff off whenever I've tried to take it back apart.

So when using it a small etch is all I will need? I was asked to run a small amount around my coolant ports as my machinist is a bit scared of the fire rings causing coolant to leak.

No true test yet, but I can't see it being an issue. I use that stuff on damn near everything with great results.

So when using it a small etch is all I will need? I was asked to run a small amount around my coolant ports as my machinist is a bit scared of the fire rings causing coolant to leak.

clean dry surface. i have never used it on anything polished, not sure how it would bite on a very smooth surface.

clean dry surface. i have never used it on anything polished, not sure how it would bite on a very smooth surface.

It should seal to the block as the block isn't smooth. They have a specific texture to them. If i use it there , it will only be an etching. Enough to see its there and that's it. Still very hesitant about doing that.

they have been sealing steel lower oil pans to aluminum uppers for years with rtv, which would be a smoother ra than the cylinder head and block.

These are up on my thread, but just showing how mine is plumbed so far.
baaa8e3a40f419e44be5ef413905d2c3.jpg
9f62dbc937628f2d526ab7ea04b66291.jpg
30f7238a606553d82fe2e9208149c6d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back