Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Drag Racing
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drag Racing Where ALL Racers are Welcome- From ET Bracket, all the way to ProStreet and Top Diesel!

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 05:21 AM   #61
thatguy69

Name: thatguy69
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmega3500 View Post
Current truck no as it's stupid to race at this weight. Last one was back in 2012 IIrc... that 2wd mega dually went high 11s with basic dual cp3, 150s, 466/83/1.0, and 11s then was solid. Just basic test n tune at Hennessys track. Sled pulling is boring to me personally, so never partook.

Stopped going to nationals when kids got older. Texas is the heart of the truck world, but a pass through for the current events.

Priorities change, that doesn't mean enjoyment of something does due to schedule.

I speak about success to what I know very well and that's sales and service industry. The money is a plus, it is the process I enjoy.

Total little man syndrome yes.... tiny Tim in the flesh.
I just hope you come to the Compd reunion next spring, I'm sure everybody would love to match the infamous bm3500 to a face

Old 10-14-2019, 08:16 AM   #62
Timbeaux

Name: Timbeaux
Title: Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy69 View Post
I just hope you come to the Compd reunion next spring, I'm sure everybody would love to match the infamous bm3500 to a face

Ive seen this movie before- Want me to tell yall how it ends?
NO LIMIT FAB, DIESEL SOUTH, DC CUSTOMS
Quote:
"I just love everything about racing. I wanna race every single day. Its nothing for me to be cutting grass and the neighbor hoss the gas on his mower, and there we are, lined up in the the middle of the street." - Stevie KillinTime Jackson
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves fight unvictorious."

Old 10-14-2019, 10:16 AM   #63
Empty_Pockets

Name: Empty_Pockets
Title: Undercover Epa agent
Member`s Gallery
I

Old 10-14-2019, 02:17 PM   #64
BigPapa

Name: BigPapa
Title: Truckless
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbeaux3hirty8ight View Post
Yes. Yes, you have....

2003 Avalanche Z71

Common sense is like deodorant. The people that need it most never use it.

Old 10-14-2019, 03:39 PM   #65
thatguy69

Name: thatguy69
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Oblige me

Old 10-14-2019, 04:27 PM   #66
Timbeaux

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy69 View Post
Oblige me

Not $hit, except for after the initial awkward handshakes and whatnot, Andre5000 or whatever his name us has a hard time finding CompD folks to drink with.
Quote:
"I just love everything about racing. I wanna race every single day. Its nothing for me to be cutting grass and the neighbor hoss the gas on his mower, and there we are, lined up in the the middle of the street." - Stevie KillinTime Jackson

Old 10-15-2019, 09:39 AM   #67
Timbeaux

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
No such thing as an awkward handshake.

So you're saying CompD guys are intimidated by a spirited debate?! Drinking ain't my thing anyways. Rather watch the ****tardery go down than partake.

No, CompD guys pretty much live for spirited debates. One would think you might have realized that by now.
Quote:

Old 10-15-2019, 12:49 PM   #68
Average_Ass_LB7

Name: Average_Ass_LB7
Title: Big Time Small Timer
Member`s Gallery
Larson will literally call everyone who argues the 1/4 1/8th mile thing an idiot. Yea it's real cool and fun when you don't have a cent in the equipment..

Take UCC 2018 for example... Holly Rock, Merchant, and several others windowed their block/catastrophic failure on the drag strip and guess where they all took place..? Last 100' or so. For diesels the 1/4 sucks, yes it's cool but all you're doing the last half most of the time is burning down your sh*t or putting an abundance of premature wear/stress on parts.

People who actually index race and compete will say they enjoy 1/8th mile for competitions, unless they make 650hp then I'm sure the 1/4 is more fun lol

Running a couple quarters a year during test n tunes is fun to see what the truck can do and switch it up but no way I'd want my truck going rounds in the 6.70 or 5.90 index 1/4 mile racing. Let alone these pro drivers...

Old 10-15-2019, 12:59 PM   #69
Empty_Pockets

Name: Empty_Pockets
Title: Undercover Epa agent
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average_Ass_LB7 View Post
Larson will literally call everyone who argues the 1/4 1/8th mile thing an idiot. Yea it's real cool and fun when you don't have a cent in the equipment..

Take UCC 2018 for example... Holly Rock, Merchant, and several others windowed their block/catastrophic failure on the drag strip and guess where they all took place..? Last 100' or so. For diesels the 1/4 sucks, yes it's cool but all you're doing the last half most of the time is burning down your sh*t or putting an abundance of premature wear/stress on parts.

People who actually index race and compete will say they enjoy 1/8th mile for competitions, unless they make 650hp then I'm sure the 1/4 is more fun lol

Running a couple quarters a year during test n tunes is fun to see what the truck can do and switch it up but no way I'd want my truck going rounds in the 6.70 or 5.90 index 1/4 mile racing. Let alone these pro drivers...
Invisible like button clicked!!

Old 10-15-2019, 01:11 PM   #70
JQmile

Name: JQmile
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
CompDRAMA....jeez, last time I start a thread

Old 10-15-2019, 01:43 PM   #71
zfaylor

Name: zfaylor
Member`s Gallery
I agree that 1/8th makes more sense from a safety standpoint. Diesel trucks going 150+ need to be kept to a minimum. From a longevity standpoint I get why you would PREFER 1/8th but what does that say for the sport? A 5.90 truck should be able to handle 1/4 mile racing all day. There are stock bottom end $10k cars in the 5's 1/8th and 8/9s 1/4 mile running entire seasons without issue.

All of that being said 1/8th does make more sense for the diesel sport from a spectator standpoint than 1/4. 1/4 is more fun to watch when everything goes well. However, 1/4 mile racing killed the sport IMO. Every 1/4 mile event I have attended was a constant oil down nightmare where 30 people were left watching by the end. 1/8th mile tube chassis diesels and Ryans Nova saved the sport IMO.

North American Turbo

Old 10-15-2019, 02:29 PM   #72
Timbeaux

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average_Ass_LB7 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQmile View Post
CompDRAMA....jeez, last time I start a thread

You like it and you know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfaylor View Post

All of that being said 1/8th does make more sense for the diesel sport from a spectator standpoint than 1/4. 1/4 is more fun to watch when everything goes well. However, 1/4 mile racing killed the sport IMO. Every 1/4 mile event I have attended was a constant oil down nightmare where 30 people were left watching by the end. 1/8th mile tube chassis diesels and Ryans Nova saved the sport IMO.

Folks need to read this. Except for the praising Milliken thing... His head is big enough already, and he lives on the coast and I dont so screw that guy
Quote:

Old 10-15-2019, 04:16 PM   #73
YoungGun

Name: YoungGun
Title: Floating in Nebraska
Member`s Gallery
Wade and Kory made it pretty clear that the car is turned down. So saying they should run 1/4 is pointless.

Old 10-15-2019, 05:08 PM   #74
zfaylor

Name: zfaylor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Naaah never noticed. We're all here to stroke your pretty peacock feathers though...

I understand all aspects on why one is preferred over the other.

When I think the sport as a collective I just think about the mid level players that would run in the 900-1200hp range. Weekend warrior type stuff, basically the foundation of the sport.

At the 5.9 1/8 level.... and quicker.... with the amount of $ spent on just blocks alone I would expect a machine not scared of its own ghost at the 1/4.
Trust me I agree the money spent at certain levels it should hold to the 1/4. The problem is that's never been the case. I don't know if it is guys trying to be a hero and they grenade it or if its the shear weight of the trucks or just the weight of the rotating assembly. A 5.9 piston and rod is a lot of weight to be slinging around. For whatever reason they don't like it. I've spent many hours in the stands at Indianapolis watching the crew mop up a 1/4 mile of 15w40. It sucks.

North American Turbo

Old 10-16-2019, 10:10 AM   #75
Timbeaux

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Naaah never noticed. We're all here to stroke your pretty peacock feathers though...

You seem to have a propensity to stroke stuff.

You should probably go rent a 1/4 mile track, guarantee some payouts and throw a race so we can all see how easy it is not only to put on a world class event, but put on a real 1/4 mile show. That would shut everyone up.
Quote:

Old 10-16-2019, 10:16 AM   #76
RascalMafia

Name: RascalMafia
Title: heyyyyyyy girrrrrrrl
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
You seem to have a propensity to stroke stuff.

You should probably go rent a 1/4 mile track, guarantee some payouts and throw a race so we can all see how easy it is not only to put on a world class event, but put on a real 1/4 mile show. That would shut everyone up.
I'm surprised to hear crickets at 11am
'01 F350 7.3 / ZF6

Last edited by RascalMafia; 10-16-2019 at 10:19 AM.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:24 AM   #77
YoungGun

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Where was said statement?

"We go on and make another hit with the same results and feel confident. This is running no lockup and less than 300mg if fuel... In other words, over 1200hp left to be put to the ground. Conservative, but competitive and safe while taking our time on the chassis."

Straight from Kory's post.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:25 AM   #78
YoungGun

Member`s Gallery
He wants to run 3s and it has the power to but it needs the chassis dialed in. All of this info is from his break down on the how the Rudy's event played out.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:31 AM   #79
BigPapa

Name: BigPapa
Title: Truckless
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Seems his "1/4 Mile Extravaganza" is on jack stands......

2003 Avalanche Z71

Common sense is like deodorant. The people that need it most never use it.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:45 AM   #80
RascalMafia

Name: RascalMafia
Title: heyyyyyyy girrrrrrrl
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapa View Post
Seems his "1/4 Mile Extravaganza" is on jack stands......
Game. Over.
'01 F350 7.3 / ZF6

Closed Thread