First modification....

partsguy662

You know damm right
When you get a new truck, or a new to you truck, what's the first performance modification you do/did?
When I got my truck, there was nothing out as far as programmers for the new LLY motor. So, I bought an exhaust system right away..:D
Looking back on it, I think I would have gone with the exhaust first regardless if more power was available or not. Reason being: The stock GM exhaust has a HUGE muffler on it (it rivals a 16 gallon drum in my opinion) and the turbo sounds much better with open exhaust on it..

What did you do first??

sredish said:
Don't forget gauges somwhere in there...

Oh chit.... Gauges are so cool, don't forget those!

I still think the old A-Pillar and a bunch of Non-digital gauges are the only way to go....

Well I had no idea what was on the market as far as chips go when I first got my ride, so I bought a superchips and ditched the muffler.....both of them. :evil And over the years I've bought chips, sold chips, and read on just about every forum out there. And that has led up to whats on the truck now.

sredish said:
Don't forget gauges somwhere in there...

When installing gauges first you can record egt/boost etc. Then when you change the exhaust, air filter, chip or whatever, you can see the variation from stock to modified. Just my .02

spooledup said:
When installing gauges first you can record egt/boost etc. Then when you change the exhaust, air filter, chip or whatever, you can see the variation from stock to modified. Just my .02

That's exactly why I did gages first. Then exhaust, intake, harness box, trans....

some day it might be fast enough for me. :bigsmile:

I bought it, and drove to the shop and bought an airaid, 12 miles on it. Then I went in and ordered my exhaust. Then had an Edge/attitude, (got rid of it after the tranny went boom) then went with gauges and the SCT.

Tinted the Windows... But when I bought mine it had Exhaust, Box and Guages..:bigsmile: ..Then I added a MP8.:rockwoot:

Toolbox, mudders, CB and Guns thrown in :evil

Then towing stuff, hitches and binders and balls.

Then usually air filter and start looking for the best thing to do to the vehicle to help it tow better.

That's what happened to me with the goat, I let BigUgly talk me into a set of RV275 injectors "To help it tow better", then I needed a clutch, so once I had the clutch I might as well get a box, and............slippery *^&*^ slope LOL LOL

alldiesels said:
exhaust, always exhaust lol, we did my brothers on his 06 less than 24hours after he got it home lol.
Yes sir, i think it had 55 miles on it!:ylsuper:

My first purchase is always more power. Every new truck of mine got a Superchip (if available) then exhaust,intake,lift,gears,etc...
I wish I could have the money back that I "invested" in vehicles I don't own anymore.

Back