DD Opinions

Billysgoat

The ANTI-BLING!
Okay guys, I think I hurt my clutch, b-a-a-a-a-a-d today LOL I'm tired of fighting an uphill battle with the single disc units and wanted to hear form the folks that drive a dual disc equipped truck everyday. I tow a good bit, and I tow hard and heavy plus I tend to drive this sucker like a sports car. What have ya'll used before/currently and what kind of luck have you had with them? What kind of cost am I looking at?

Any opinion is welcome, I am leaning towards South Bend right now, they have given me outstanding customer service. What are my other options? I might do some drag racing with it, but I doubt I will be pulling the sled with it so mainly it will be just for street use.

Thanks!

Billy

Hi

I have the Southbend,with the 12 or 13 puck 3850#,it drives smooth and backing with a trailer is awesome,It shifts a little slower than a single ,but you get used to it,but after 1.5 years with the clutch,still can't believe it rattles so bad when at idle or you mash the clutch.I guess we can't have the best of both worlds,but I am working on it!!!

I run the SBC 3850 12FB DD every day almost 500 miles a day. I love it. At first it was pretty slow to shift and pretty grabby. But after some miles, a few 3rd gear burnouts and two hooks to a sled, it engages smooth and shifts alot faster. I was running the Luk Pro Gold before. I like the DD much better!:rockwoot:

Back