My DT466/Superduty Build!

Very cool project! I've always wondered why people DIDN'T do this more often. Now I'm starting to see a few people do this.

Cool dog, too. You just gotta love a Great Dane!

Awsome build! kinda the same thing but in a obs ford 3/4 ton. its nice to see ppl do it to help me picture it a little better. Only thing differnt i an going to do is run maybe a RTO 6613 for some more strength and a devorced t case. All sounds good though god luck and keep us updated!!

Ok guys I have made some progress on the build by just looking for parts. i just recently ordered, Columbus diesel .093 stainless injectors lines pre bent for p7100 series pump, Front inlet air intake manifold with spacer plate polished aluminum, Complete gasket kit, 95/200 fass pump I bought used and flexalite fans.
ive been thinking of taking the engine to get the sleeves fire ring'ed, maybe do some shaving to the pistons but im still in the thinking process on this.

Ill post some more pics later next week!

steve-0

hell with only 77k on the clock I wouldnt have even pulled the head...

Ive heard of guys turning a tad over 4k RPMs on the stock short block

Im really pumped to see the thing between the frame rails, as for why i took the head off there a lot more things I wanted to check cyl walls tops of pistons and such just to see if i really got a good deal, everything was good clean and ready to roll. so that being said talked to some more people about making me a billet front cover to use a electric water pump and add PS pump my ford alt,and ac pump, possibly an air pump for other stuff. also add a cam hole and pump hole in the front cover.

i have a 00 f350 flatbed with a 5.4 auto i bought cheap at an auction, 210k on it, motor runs....... but i have no intentions on staying with gas. i looked around and really thinking about the dt466. if i do a 3inch body lift is that enough free space. what kind of clearance do you have against the firewall, i would like to avoid cutting firewall. maybe a t360 might fit better.... would like to end with a mild 300hp...

new to this diesel stuff so any advice from anyone would be great.

Awsome build! kinda the same thing but in a obs ford 3/4 ton. its nice to see ppl do it to help me picture it a little better. Only thing differnt i an going to do is run maybe a RTO 6613 for some more strength and a devorced t case. All sounds good though god luck and keep us updated!!

Really? A 13 speed in a 1 or 3/4 ton? I know anything's possible but is it practical and how much fab work would be involved? It would be pretty bad@$$ though.

have you decided what you are doing for a front cover yet?

Also what about water pumps?

I am building a motor right now, and would like to use an electric water pump, (1993), but that pesky front cover is trying to make my life difficult.

i am thinking the only way is going to be to make a new one with a water inlet and outlet, and possibly a dry sump pump mount.

also what are you thinking about for a turbo(s)?

any more pics?
i want to see it

Back