Billet G56 Any Interest?

cummins724

BREAKING $HIT
How many would be interested in a billet case for the g56? They will be available very soon and we are just trying to get a idea of how many we need on the first run. Looking to release them at the end of this year if all goes well. Price will depend on how many are interested, bigger batches will lower price drastically. As of now, we should be close to the price of a new g56 factory case.

Last edited:
Billet what? Steel or aluminum and what grade? What type of treatment if any. These are all things I would think would be necessary to know along with more I'm sure.

Would it be stronger than a nv4500? If it was a cheaper option than swapping everything out to the 4500, I would be interested.

Billet what? Steel or aluminum and what grade? What type of treatment if any. These are all things I would think would be necessary to know along with more I'm sure.

I'd need to know details as well. I don't care about weight savings at all...but I would definitely be in favor of much increased strength...specifically as it relates to resisting torsional loads and minimizing case flex. Will it be heavily gusseted for strength like the Ford ZF6 transmissions?

--Eric

I doubt it will help strength any unless you're adding a set of support bearings at the center of the shafts.

The 2 major problems with the OEM cases are bell housing breakage and warping of the cases when towing heavy and getting it hotter than blazes.

As BigPapa mentioned, bearings and supports around the center of the case would help minimize the hot/cool bearing seizing that happens when the case doesn't twist back after it cools.

Personally, I think a heavier aluminum material isn't really going to fix the problem, because I believe it's an engineering fault, not a material fault.

As I said once before, "In 2004.5 Dodge/Cummins upped the horsepower to 325, in 2005.5, they then offered a 300 Horse 6 speed transmission"...or words to that effect. :D

Mark.

Bit more details. Less random small tid bits of info

I'm always on the damn phone sorry. lol Its still in the works as of now, but a local machine shop has a drawing and they are working on getting the first prototype ready for testing. They will be building a complete billet transmission. The case should be ready by years end, but rest will be a while. I'm just checking to see how deep we should jump into this. I've got zero time and need to pick my battles.

Back