Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Motorsports Supply
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
Backhoe man

Name: Backhoe man
Title: nobody
Member`s Gallery
where is my refund?

Greg you know what this is about. You owe me money it has been far too long and all of the sudden I can not get a hold of you. Funny you always had time when you thought you could sell something. I have sent you plenty of pm's with no reply, phone calls no reply hmm what is going on here. But you have time to be on compd almost every time I come online which feels like a slap in the face. I have tried to avoid this but you have left me little choice, I do not care about your excuses you owe me a refund. Months ago you said you were sending me a refund check so you know you owe me. You also know you sent me a cam that was ground wrong for my application. It took weeks just to get a mailing address from you so this seems par for the course but still ridiculous. You have had your product returned since late May 2011, we are at near five months and no refund this is bull****!!!!!!!! Pay me back, I know you do not post here anymore but you can read and I am assuming you can write so go get the check book and get to it you have my address.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:08 PM   #2
WUnderwood

Name: WUnderwood
Title: CompD Minion
Member`s Gallery
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (4 members and 0 guests)
WUnderwood, ctd8999, COMP461, UNBROKEN

Click the image to open in full size.

RIP BFD99, jponder, and Forrest Nearing

Old 10-23-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
TMONEYDIESEL

Name: TMONEYDIESEL
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Time for a lawyer

YOUR SOURCE FOR:
Camshafts
Pushrods
Valve springs
Custom Turbos
Exhaust Manifolds
Carrillo Connecting rods

Old 10-23-2011, 09:43 PM   #4
Backhoe man

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMONEYDIESEL View Post
Time for a lawyer
I would prefer not to but if this keeps up it will be.

Greg there is a simple solution here do the right thing and pay me back. You had a cam ground wrong that is on you and so far I have payed for it.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:23 PM   #5
Backhoe man

Member`s Gallery
Greg you can respond by pm or phone if you prefer I would like to get this settled.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Old 10-26-2011, 03:25 PM   #6
mech2161

Name: mech2161
Title: I have a secret.
Member`s Gallery
Do a little searching and find the Fire Dept that he works for. I don't think it will take long to settle when he starts getting calls at work.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:30 PM   #7
CSnyder

Name: CSnyder
Title: Snyder-Motorsports
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mech2161 View Post
Do a little searching and find the Fire Dept that he works for. I don't think it will take long to settle when he starts getting calls at work.
Yeah because thats a real mature way to handle it.

There is a HUGE difference between cocky and confident when it comes to engine building.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #8
zstroken

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSnyder View Post
Yeah because thats a real mature way to handle it.

I think he has tried other means to handle this, what do you suggest?
24V P-Pump Mafia member #1(retired)

Thanks to Mumau Diesel, Goerend Transmission, Northeast Diesel Service!

Old 10-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #9
CSnyder

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zstroken View Post
I think he has tried other means to handle this, what do you suggest?
Well Im quite aware that a few people dont care for Greg, however I do ALOT of business with the man and Im ALWAYS taken care of. Ive read one side of the story and heard the other side. I wont disclose the other side as it isnt my place to do so and as it usually goes with haters, everyone will call BS, so Ill let it go at that. Greg is a very well known person and even with haters he doesnt have a reputation for financial phuckings so to speak like others have been accused of. I WILL say this...Greg was honest with me as always...He told me "quite honestly I had forgotten about it and Ill be sending him his refund as soon as I get home". Take whatever part of that you want and believe it or not but the man treats me damn good and is always straight up with me.

There is a HUGE difference between cocky and confident when it comes to engine building.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:56 PM   #10
zstroken

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Well Im quite aware that a few people dont care for Greg, however I do ALOT of business with the man and Im ALWAYS taken care of. Ive read one side of the story and heard the other side. I wont disclose the other side as it isnt my place to do so and as it usually goes with haters, everyone will call BS, so Ill let it go at that. Greg is a very well known person and even with haters he doesnt have a reputation for financial phuckings so to speak like others have been accused of. I WILL say this...Greg was honest with me as always...He told me "quite honestly I had forgotten about it and Ill be sending him his refund as soon as I get home". Take whatever part of that you want and believe it or not but the man treats me damn good and is always straight up with me.

Well your original post didn't mention any of that. I have had no ill dealings with Greg either. What Mech did mention is an effective way to get money that is owed to someone.
24V P-Pump Mafia member #1(retired)

Thanks to Mumau Diesel, Goerend Transmission, Northeast Diesel Service!

Old 10-26-2011, 04:25 PM   #11
CSnyder

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zstroken View Post
Well your original post didn't mention any of that. I have had no ill dealings with Greg either. What Mech did mention is an effective way to get money that is owed to someone.
Dan, look at it like this. lets say you owe me a few hundo for something and I found out where you work and start calling there for you over it when you have obviously never intentionally burned anyone and say worst case scenario you loose your job over it. Wouldnt you be upset? Would it be mature of me to coax your employer into firing you for a bad debt over a few hundo? IMHO I think Greg was being honest when he told me he had forgotten. He is also human and its not worth him loosing his job as a fireman over. Not to mention tying up an emergency line to resolve personal matters doesnt sound cool to me.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:27 PM   #12
kleann

Name: kleann
Title: VP44 pwr
Member`s Gallery
If he has intentions of sending the refund, he needs to tell the guy.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:33 PM   #13
CSnyder

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleann View Post
If he has intentions of sending the refund, he needs to tell the guy.
I buy thousands of dollars in parts every month that have core charges on them and the companies I deal with NEVER EVER email or call me and say the check is in the mail. I think the same should apply here but the posts make it obvious who the haters are in these situations.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:33 PM   #14
JasonCzerak

Name: JasonCzerak
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Lets see what happens in the next 5 business days, assuming the refund goes out in tomorrow mail (as it should according to Chris right?).

Edit that, it's already been 3 days since we all know Greg read and clearly couldn't of forgotten.

Last edited by JasonCzerak; 10-26-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #15
TravisG

Name: TravisG
Title: #THEREALLAVONMILLER
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backhoe man View Post
It took weeks just to get a mailing address from you so this seems par for the course but still ridiculous. You have had your product returned since late May 2011, we are at near five months and no refund this is bull****!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Dan, look at it like this. lets say you owe me a few hundo for something and I found out where you work and start calling there for you over it when you have obviously never intentionally burned anyone and say worst case scenario you loose your job over it. Wouldnt you be upset? Would it be mature of me to coax your employer into firing you for a bad debt over a few hundo? IMHO I think Greg was being honest when he told me he had forgotten. He is also human and its not worth him loosing his job as a fireman over. Not to mention tying up an emergency line to resolve personal matters doesnt sound cool to me.
The way I read it Chris was that this fella has tried to get his money back for about 5 months. I think that if Dan owed you a "couple hundo" for five months calling his place of employment would be a last resort, but totally acceptable after exhausting all other resources.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #16
CSnyder

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCzerak View Post
Lets see what happens in the next 5 business days, assuming the refund goes out in tomorrow mail (as it should according to Chris right?).
Jason, I didnt say that. I quoted what Greg told me...when he gets home. He is gone for training right now and that may mean he is home tomorrow or it may have meant two weeks from now.

Greg has never financially phucked anyone I know of so treating him like a newb trying to make bank or a looser like HomoFarms selling garbage isnt the way to handle this.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:42 PM   #17
JasonCzerak

Name: JasonCzerak
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Jason, I didnt say that. I quoted what Greg told me...when he gets home. He is gone for training right now and that may mean he is home tomorrow or it may have meant two weeks from now.

Greg has never financially phucked anyone I know of so treating him like a newb trying to make bank or a looser like HomoFarms selling garbage isnt the way to handle this.
True, when I get home could mean a week or two for Greg's case. heh. For the sake of 5 months of calls, emails, pms.. Call greg and find out when that "I'll be home" date is?

Old 10-26-2011, 04:43 PM   #18
CSnyder

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisG View Post
The way I read it Chris was that this fella has tried to get his money back for about 5 months. I think that if Dan owed you a "couple hundo" for five months calling his place of employment would be a last resort, but totally acceptable after exhausting all other resources.
Travis, I dont get the whole waiting for a return addy thing myself. A simple google search for the known business name nets an addy in .03 seconds.

Ive made it well known Greg has now read this thread however if he is not at home due to fireman training school its a bit hard to access customer info etc and paperwork on your desk to issue a refund.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:31 PM   #19
mech2161

Name: mech2161
Title: I have a secret.
Member`s Gallery
I have seen his way of business. After 8 months of waiting for parts and him holding your money people resort to what ever means necessary when he quits answering his phone. After you buy the parts from someone else you **** shows up in the mail. Buyer beware!

Last edited by mech2161; 10-26-2011 at 08:34 PM.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:26 PM   #20
WUnderwood

Name: WUnderwood
Title: CompD Minion
Member`s Gallery
and again: