Im pretty impressed for what it is.

blackmega3500

Having put 200miles on this thing now, I'm pretty impressed with how this thing performs.

20190316-223254.jpg

With buying this thing used with 13,442 on the clock I wasn't really worried about it being too abused. The prior owner did some really solid aftermarket add ons with the true lift/leveling kit which doesn't run a front space, the aftermarket wheels and tires, tint, and s&b cai, basically to must haves to get the correct curb appeal for these things.

So far the biggest complaint I have is the tank is too small, but on the highway cruising at 80 I'm getting about 16mpg.

Power wise obviously it doesn't compare to my megacab which would blow the paint off this things doors, but its a stupidly comfortable ride and the cabin has been amazingly well sound proofed from any outside noise.

So far, I can honestly say it feeds the desire for the diesel and checks many of the boxes anyone can ask for. Still pretty stocked I only paid $40k for what was well over $60k in just factory form just 13k miles ago.

Last edited:
What trim level? I drove a base model regular cab a while back and was impressed with the locked shifts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been out of the new vehicle market for 17 years now. I'd love to have something with newer technology in it, but these new vehicles are just too butt ugly for me. The trucks aren't as bad as the cars, but they still look like something from the year 3019, not 2019. I'm sure it's a great truck but come on, you can't argue that those ridiculous headlights look downright cartoonish.

What trim level? I drove a base model regular cab a while back and was impressed with the locked shifts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Midnight editions only come in the SV. This is an SV 4x4 with the Aisin unit made for the Nissan titans. The trans is HUGE when you look at it underneath compared to the 68 in my Megacab, and they're holding added power well. I like the shifts, but it's weird if I have been driving the Megacab then go hop in this thing. Ride wise, it's the quietest cab area I have ever had in the last 6 trucks I have had. (Yes you hear and feel the injector clatter just fine). Also it really does any amazing job handling and driving. Even with 2.5 level/ lift and nitto terra grapplers being 295/55/20 on the aftermarket rims.

I've been out of the new vehicle market for 17 years now. I'd love to have something with newer technology in it, but these new vehicles are just too butt ugly for me. The trucks aren't as bad as the cars, but they still look like something from the year 3019, not 2019. I'm sure it's a great truck but come on, you can't argue that those ridiculous headlights look downright cartoonish.

I have a love hate relationship with some of the design. When looking at it feom the side directly it has better appeal than just from the nose. The lights are slightly obnoxious with how far back they carry on the fender.

Excited about 16MPG at 80? That is right in gasser territory, and gas is cheaper...

Thats fair, but remember this is still a fully emissions loaded truck qith a curb weight of around 7,600 plus with me in it. Drivin by my idiotic self who has a very heavy foot.

Even my twin turbo EcoBoost 2018 limited expedition is only avg. 13.4mpgs and its rated at like 22-25mpg. and it weighs 2klbs less.

Keep in mind, even though I bought the truck and have my name on the title..... this Truck was bought for me by my company as a thank you for all my sales. It was supposed to be 36 roofs sold in a years period of time, but I sold 36 in less than 5 months so I got it early.

I can't complain any about a free Cummins diesel!

Having been throwing around the idea hard of deleting lately I took to ready more on the workings of these.

Turns out they're actually a sequential turbo design if this article is correct. The deleted ones have a very similar hair dryer sound like deleted 6.4s, and the overall design is pretty simple whem looking past the bolt ons.

Titan Diesel Review: Nissan Returns with Cummins Power

Right now seems the best tuners are netting 427hp/750tq at the rear with delete.

Thats a pretty massive gain when considering the factory crank power is set to 310hp, which is presumably 250-260 rear wheel. 160hp rear gain is huge, but is the motor proven enough.....

Last edited:
I think I remember him saying he was a salesman.

That's a relative term. I technically don't "sell". In the world of profitting off insurance claims, you're essentially assisting people with collecting on something they've already bought.

But as a recap....

I bought the diesel jeep to use as a budget sales car to log miles on and not always use my dually. Bought it and was reimbursed by my company since it's "marketing", a rolling billboard. Wanted to put a sxe366 on it since it has ththe perfect amount of space for a second turbo for compounds and the just cuz factor. Then of course delete the egr and stud it.

Then a few weeks after I got the jeep the owner of the company I work with bought me this truck as a thank you for all the business I have brought in. I knew it was going to happen, and just so happened to have lucked out finding this 2018 used with only 13k.miles.

On a side note, the best jobs in the world are sales related. It definitely takes a unique mindset to be successful at it.

Oh, ok. Thanks. I wouldnt turn down a free truck, either.
But a Nissan with a Cummins?!? What is this world coming to?

I love mine

I have 3 Cummins, a 24V, 12V both bought new (99 & 96) and a 17' 5.0L I have to say I LOVE this truck & LOVE the 5.0L. I am running Hardway / Miliken tunes and built my own stainless exhaust & delete. No dyno in my neck of the woods but the truck is strong & I know Ryan says we are knocking on the 480hp / 750+ trq door from what he is doing down in Florida. I have a 13K 28' race trailer & the thing just pulls & pulls strong. I did add air bags as the 5/8th's ton suspension is not quite up to the task that the motor is. Fit & finish is first class & in my opinion a bit better & more refined than a Tundra (yes I know not a diesel). It is not as Gucci as some of the newer Ram's & Fords inside, but I am not a fan as those are a bit over the top for my tastes. Solid, solid truck... I think its biggest problem is its customer base. They all came from gas Titan's & Tundra's and IMO know NOTHING about diesels & all that they entail. A quick look at any of the FB & Forums will show you that. I am thinking turbos are in the future for mine, if I get the time. In the meantime here is an interesting article:

https://www.drivingline.com/articles/blazing-a-different-trail-the-most-powerful-nissan-titan-xd-50l-cummins/?fbclid=IwAR3XGg55JPw9z4N-UD7UeU2JkPXN8mYlwMfI6IIp1KnKwAMaQobaFqP92vw

That's a pretty good read. Not sure I'd ever want to turn up the wick that much on it, but definitely will be doing the deletes myself soon. Seeing the DEF low 35% warning on the screen reminded me of why emissions systems suck.

On the other points, you're spot on with these trucks. They are built incredibly well and frankly drive and handle better than any Dodge diesel I've ever had. The suspension and frame design was very well thought out and executed.

You're correct the average joe that buys one of these or any modern diesel for that matter has no business owning one. The facebook board is an embarrassment, but at least these trucks aren't frequently being all Bro'd out.

Had over 2k lbs worth of shingles in the bed yesterday (30 80lb bundles) that I had to take to a build and the truck didn't squat or nose up at all and the truck didn't even feel bogged down or heavy at all.

I did have to do this to identify I ain't no basic bit@h! First C badge I've ever bought in the 11yrs of toying with the "C".
1554296405505321883804208095109.jpg

So you put 2k lbs in the bed and didn't even know it was back there :lolly:

You might be able to get away with a comment like that on FB, not here. Unless you're totally oblivious, you'd be able to tell if I stuck 500lbs in the bed

So you put 2k lbs in the bed and didn't even know it was back there :lolly:

You might be able to get away with a comment like that on FB, not here. Unless you're totally oblivious, you'd be able to tell if I stuck 500lbs in the bed

What?

Well went to do a basic a$$ fuel filter change and followed procedure to a T. This included in the instructions it specifies do not prefill filters with diesel and its a self purging system..... so cycled power 2x to prime and could hear the fuel pump operating normally. Low fuel pressure indicator light went away and fired it up..... then died shortly after. Went to prime system again.... and you could hear an intermittent screeching from the lift pump which is apart of thr stg 1 filter assy. Turn power off since I knee that wasn't good waited a sec and tried 1 more time.... it was silent.

The lift pump destroyed itself on a basic filter swap during 2 prime cycles and is instantly blowing 20a fuses.

20190410-202347.jpg

Based on Titan XD forums it's a known issue that typically gets a Cummins or Nissan Engineer on a flight to inspect the pump. Its obviously under warranty, but if this design is so problematic should I just go to a Fass titanium 125? The factory lift pump supplies between 65-110psi so it's gotta be hard as hell on them during a prime and filters are a 10k mile service item.

I had to go to the neighbors house to see the other half of that pic lol

Self priming system. Wonder what the point of that would be other than convenience of not pre filling the filter. I also wonder if pre filling the filter would actually hurt anything.

No bueno

Man that is no bueno. So i just turned 45K on the clock & change my fuel filters every 7.5K miles. I do not pre-fill the filters. However I do prime on average 4 times before I start the engine, this seems to be the magic number for primes & then the motor fires right up w/ no stumble etc. I am thinking w/ my protocol (4 primes) I would see this as well and in 45K I have not yet (knock on wood). Did debris come out of the pump? Have you pulled it apart yet? I have been looking at the FASS system for this truck as well... might need grab one sooner than later. FYI watch my fuel pressure religiously on my EZ Lynk and its always steady at 74psi (+/- 1 psi).

Keep us in the loop on your pump plz

Back