2004 6.0 New cover and pump low oil pressure

robinhood1995

Hi Folks,

I just bought a 2004 with 220000 miles on it and got a real good deal. I knew I may have to change dummy plugs and pipes and even maybe pump and cover as it took it a while to start up and build pressure to the lower pump.

Bought it took a gamble and no need to change the dummy plugs and standpipes as they were replaced. I then proceeded to change the pump and cover and while at it changed the regulator.

Once all in and had it back up and running it was still hard to start cold but a bit less time then before.

After it heats up and runs for a while the dummy old gauge goes all the way low and but if I rev it up a bit the gauge goes normal. if I shut it off it starts in a few turns when hot, which before would be also a hard start.

Now also I noticed that once and a while the coolant cap pops.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Had one a the dealership that was doing that and I replaced the pressure sending unit and it was fine after that. Its located between the turbo and the filter housing its the smaller 2 prong plug. Might want to change the ICP to since you replaced everything else

Back