47re shifting issues

Drumman

Cummins TSS
Hey guys i need some input on some issues im having. I have a garmon stage 2 transmission with about 20k miles on it.
Iv contacted jeff about these issues but feel since its been out of warranty for about 4 years now i feel like im just bothering him.

It shifts great under light to medium throttle with the exception of overdrive not engaging until im about 5% throttle or less.
At WOT 1-2 is great, 2-3 is a waiting game, 3rd locked is great and then overdrive is again 5% throttle or less.

I have a lock up switch. It will lock up 3rd just fine but will not go into overdrive until im 5% or less just like without the switch.

here is a list of thing i have done so far.

new fluid and filter, fluid levels are perfect when warm
adjusted the bands. front-1 3/4 turns rear-2 3/4 turns
new gov. solenoid, transducer and speed sensor
adjusted the TV cable to my liking but also went more loose and tight to see if anything helped.
passenger side battery grounds no longer use the connectors. I wired them straight to the battery when i was putting the truck back together
Checked for AC leak on alternator
reset the APPS(using the 24 valve bell crank on ppump)
tried a different valve body to see if it was a valve body or tcc/od solenoid issue.

I have a couple videos of what it does.

WOT - WOT.mp4 - Google Drive

Light Throttle - light throttle.mp4 - Google Drive

How aggressive is the ppump setup you have? I have an issue where mine shifts way too fast. Lock and OD at 45mph at light/medium throttle. Was the same with the maxed 215 and the 13mm. Takes so little pedal movement to get the truck down the road. I have a suspicion mine is the way the tv cable is adjusted.

How aggressive is the ppump setup you have? I have an issue where mine shifts way too fast. Lock and OD at 45mph at light/medium throttle. Was the same with the maxed 215 and the 13mm. Takes so little pedal movement to get the truck down the road. I have a suspicion mine is the way the tv cable is adjusted.

Its basically a stock 160 pump right now, nothing serious. I think 45mph is normal for OD, at least thats where mine has always hit, even with the stock transmission. i have 3.54 rear end.

Its basically a stock 160 pump right now, nothing serious. I think 45mph is normal for OD, at least thats where mine has always hit, even with the stock transmission. i have 3.54 rear end.

45mph is factory so that’s ok. When you push the pedal does the throttle valve open all the way? And when it goes Fuel rack and you let off the pedal is the spring pulling the throttle valve back?

45mph is factory so that’s ok. When you push the pedal does the throttle valve open all the way? And when it goes Fuel rack and you let off the pedal is the spring pulling the throttle valve back?

I dont know about all the way just because of were i have my cable set to have the shifts around 2k rpm. But yes the valve is opening most of the way and yes the spring on the transmission is pulling the valve closed.

Have you you changed the throttle position sensor or ohm’d it to check for a dead spot?

no i haven't, do you know which terminals to check? mines got 6 prongs. I highly doubt its the issue because it doesn't matter whether im 20% throttle or 100% it will not go into OD until my foot is almost off the throttle. i will definitely ohm it if anyone knows which prongs.

well i found out what it was. When i went ppump the idle was lower so i bumped it up with the torx screw on my belcrank. I just installed new gov. springs in the pump and it brought the idle up so i turned it back down. must of been up to much, just slightly enough for it to not read correctly. my first drive perfect shifts at WOT and went into overdrive firm and when it was supposed to.

Back