Fuel troubles

NEsmoker

Well last night didnt go so good. Last tim i pulled my fuel psi went from 18 down to 7, so i bumped it up to 28psi. Last night i left the line and once it lit up i was moving better than i expected cause of conditions, but at the half track area it started to loose power and i notice zero fuel psi. I had to throw it in neutral while i was still moving cause the engine was struggling to stay goin, it wasnt runnig smooth like it had a bad miss. I had trouble getting it to run then and had to be towed off the track. I have it running now but free reving it i can drop fuel psi 10-15lbs. Looks like its time for a bottom feed aluminum 10-15 gal tank and some kind of high flow filter. Any recomendation on good filter set ups?

I tech'd your truck yestarday...was gonna talk to you but you were talkin to some other guys and I didnt want to cut in - Seemed like you had a good hook going lastnight, I wondered what happened to ya. I dont know if this will help you too much but I run a filter head off a C12/C14 with a donaldson p550105 filter which costs about 6 bucks and shows very little restriction. The filter head runs 10AN fittings, which should flow plenty of fuel. Donaldson makes a taller filter also, not sure of that number because it dosent fit in my location!

You couldve cut in. It felt like a good hook for about 175ft and then it was loosing power fast. Im kinda glad it did it this week and not next week at east caost nationals. I just need to straightin it out in 6 days.

Walbro 392, I took the tank and filter assembly out today. I think my filter was hurting me pretty good, but the tank was clean. Were gonna make a tank tomorro and go from there.

walbro 392 is only 90 GPH pump. could possible be outflowing it. im having the same problem. think it's building air in the lines when im high in the RPM's and causing the truck to just basically shut down. happend last wknd at a pull

I hope not, i thought these pumps would move more than a vp could handel. Anyone else know if a walbro can physically handle a vp being pushed close to its limits?

Hey Rob I don't know what all you have done to your truck, but I run an airdog 100 with my setup and haven't dropped below 15psi as of yet.

But from what I could tell you dried up the fuel supply somewhere in the fuel system since you needed either to start the truck every time. (unless of course you have motor work done and dropped the compression)

Are you running a regulator on the walbro pump.. or just a bypass?? If you are running a bypass, you probably need to switch to a regulator.. if you have a regulator.. either its going out, or you have a supply problem.. (lines, pickup or pump)
Good Luck..
Bryan

I have a mallory reg on it. If i can get it back together for saturday (working 12-14 hr days till wens) well see how it goes with a new tank and no filter. I got a 12 gal race cell, so the walbro will be bottom fed from the sump with the 1/2 in lines instead of picking it up from the original tank. Its been needing ether to start always un less fired up right after a stall or shutdown, (i had a leak i just discovered sunday when tearing it apart.

Well i had the say problem today at the nadm event. It was a sticky track so i lost my fuel psi right from the start. Didnt get the tires to spin till the sled stopped me at 211, had to down shift cause it lost all its power when the fuel psi went down, went to 0 again. So i think the walbro is done. What are the recomendations for a pullin pump? Other than mechanical. Airdog i imagine.

You said no mechanical and I'm assuming you mean block mounted. Opie's belt drive MITUSA is the best pump I've had out of it, Airdog and Fass, just my .02 but I couldn't be happier and I won't go back to another elect pump that gonna leave me on the side of the road......AGAIN(Fass)

I would like to stay electric due to time and funds. I wont have to redo everything. Im kinda leaning on running a second pump to a t on the injection pump. As in running dauls with the same everything and the 2 will meet at the injection pump with a t.

Back