Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Get a Quote
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Get a Quote Ask one of our vendors for a quote. Please keep quote responces to P.M.'s or E-mail.

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 01:25 AM   #1
Mntsnow

Name: Mntsnow
Title: The Utah Snowman
Member`s Gallery
sct & custom tunes

Birthday is coming up in 2 weeks and looking to get a SCT and some custom tunes. I would like a strong street tune that maybe has the split-shot enabled? as well as a good tow tune (trailer is usually right around 9200) and of course a healthy race tune

Old 04-24-2006, 01:27 AM   #2
4S FED

Name: 4S FED
Title: Head Monkey
Member`s Gallery
I know that DJ, Doug (PSDPlayer), and Eric (Innovative Diesel) all have good tunes for the SCT.
2005 Ford F250 6.0 PSD CrewCab 4x4. Mods: SCT by Innovative Diesel, AFE STG 2, Bully-Dog 4" Turbo-Back Exhaust, Pillar Guages by Autometer, 20" KMC Wheels, 33x13 Toyo Open County A/T's, Harley Headlights, HD light harness w/ LUKS and Silverstars by Dfuser.
2005 SRT-10 RAM QC Mods: Magnaflow Cat-Back, "other stuff".
1967 Corvette Conv. 327/400 4-Speed Mods: LOTS

Jake

COMPETITIONDIESEL.COM

Old 04-24-2006, 01:37 AM   #3
Mntsnow

Member`s Gallery
I've heard that all 3 you listed do have some great tunes but I hope to find out who has the best tune for the 3 different types I can have on the sct (of course I'm sure over time I'll wind up with more files)

Who makes the best Tow

Who makes the best Street with pilot/split-shot? (so you can still talk to someone at a drive-thru) I dont remember who I heard had it working....

Who make the best Race? (Although I have heard great things about Innovative's Race tune)

And of course what kind of pricing on files?

Old 04-24-2006, 02:40 AM   #4
4S FED

Name: 4S FED
Title: Head Monkey
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mntsnow
I've heard that all 3 you listed do have some great tunes but I hope to find out who has the best tune for the 3 different types I can have on the sct (of course I'm sure over time I'll wind up with more files)

Who makes the best Tow

Who makes the best Street with pilot/split-shot? (so you can still talk to someone at a drive-thru) I dont remember who I heard had it working....

Who make the best Race? (Although I have heard great things about Innovative's Race tune)

And of course what kind of pricing on files?
Well, I know that most charge around $100 for their files (SCT NOT included).

What is this Pilot/Split-Shot that you speak of? Sounds cool! (I have to shut off my truck at the Drive-thu )

I am running Innovative's "Extreme Street" tune right now. But I know that ALL of the guys I mentioned have great Towing and Race tunes.
2005 Ford F250 6.0 PSD CrewCab 4x4. Mods: SCT by Innovative Diesel, AFE STG 2, Bully-Dog 4" Turbo-Back Exhaust, Pillar Guages by Autometer, 20" KMC Wheels, 33x13 Toyo Open County A/T's, Harley Headlights, HD light harness w/ LUKS and Silverstars by Dfuser.
2005 SRT-10 RAM QC Mods: Magnaflow Cat-Back, "other stuff".
1967 Corvette Conv. 327/400 4-Speed Mods: LOTS

Jake

COMPETITIONDIESEL.COM

Old 04-24-2006, 08:23 AM   #5
Mntsnow

Member`s Gallery
basically from what I heard at one of the forums that one of the tuners (problem is I cant find the post to find out who) has a street tune that has a very quiet idle upto about 1k rpm (reminscent of the original 03 6.0 quiet idle)
04 F250, Lariat, CC, SB, SRW, 6.0L, TorqShift, FX4, 6-way Power Heated Leather, 3.73 LS, ESOF,Tow w/15K hitch, H & L TT mirrors, Adj pedals, Reverse sensors, Privacy glass, Cab steps, Sliding rear glass, Overhead console, Advanced Security group, Medium Wedgewood Blue Metalic w/Arizona Beige Accent paint. 315/70/17 BFG AT's, Pro-Comp 6.5" All spring lift, 4" Cat-back exhaust, Harpoon mod, Zoodad mod, Steveracer mod, $5 High-Idle mod, Pioneer DEH-P7500MP, CS8A5 Bazooka Tube, X-Monitor Digital Gauges and more to come!

Truck Build Date 8/03
Engine build date 8/20/03
Bought 11/09/03

Old 04-24-2006, 11:01 AM   #6
6point6

Name: 6point6
Title: Got Smoke?
Member`s Gallery
Doug has the best towing tune hands down.....All 3 have good race and street files.....You really won't be able to tell too much difference between the 3 tuners except for little things they do differently. I personally use Doug as my tuner because of his willingness to help you through a problem even if it's at 3 in the morning, and the fact that if you have a 6.0 he's one of the most knowledgeable guys!

2005 DURAMAXDIESEL - PPE HOT 2+ ET on level 8, 4" Straight Piped MBRP Exhaust, PPE Intake, 315 Cooper STT's on Stockers

Been gone to long

Old 04-24-2006, 03:14 PM   #7
Dalpilot

Name: Dalpilot
Title: Joe Nobody!
Member`s Gallery
I have to agree with Doug as the tow tune guru. Innovative makes a really strong tow tune that uses the turbo like an exhaust brake. I think Innovative is the only one that I know of that has the PI back on. It didn't work very well on my truck, (03) but I guess some others have had luck. All out race and HP, they are all real close. I think DJ might pull ahead. I ran his race tune last year and it was 1/10th of a second faster than the others, but that was a year ago, and I didn't have a tune by Doug yet.

Old 04-24-2006, 03:24 PM   #8
nummit

Name: nummit
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I have had great luck with DJ.
I may be a little biased, but I feel his tunes and customer service are unbeatable

Old 04-24-2006, 03:41 PM   #9
05BHD

Name: 05BHD
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
nummit, new here! I recently bought my SCT from DJ also and can't agree more.

Old 04-24-2006, 04:27 PM   #10
CBSuperDuty

Name: CBSuperDuty
Title: Got Looney???
Member`s Gallery
Let me know if we can be of any assistance.

Old 04-24-2006, 04:28 PM   #11
Mntsnow

Member`s Gallery
Thanks Dalpilot for the info the the PI....
04 F250, Lariat, CC, SB, SRW, 6.0L, TorqShift, FX4, 6-way Power Heated Leather, 3.73 LS, ESOF,Tow w/15K hitch, H & L TT mirrors, Adj pedals, Reverse sensors, Privacy glass, Cab steps, Sliding rear glass, Overhead console, Advanced Security group, Medium Wedgewood Blue Metalic w/Arizona Beige Accent paint. 315/70/17 BFG AT's, Pro-Comp 6.5" All spring lift, 4" Cat-back exhaust, Harpoon mod, Zoodad mod, Steveracer mod, $5 High-Idle mod, Pioneer DEH-P7500MP, CS8A5 Bazooka Tube, X-Monitor Digital Gauges and more to come!

Truck Build Date 8/03
Bought 11/09/03

Old 04-24-2006, 05:50 PM   #12
railguy1

Name: railguy1
Title: I have no title
Member`s Gallery
Hey Mike when you get it let me know and we can do a little drag

Old 04-24-2006, 07:20 PM   #13
Mntsnow

Member`s Gallery
Hey Todd! Good to see you We need to get together and have a cold one

btw which one do you have?

Truck Build Date 8/03
Bought 11/09/03

Last edited by Mntsnow; 04-24-2006 at 07:46 PM.

Closed Thread