Solidworks CAD/CAM Diesel Repository

Very nice Branodn! Hopefully I can send you a few contributions.
You're welcome Chris! I'm happy to contribute something useful to the diesel world once in a while. I can only hope that others will be as generous as you have been with your info. I'm wishing for a data warehouse over-running with DXF, SLDPRT and SLDDRW files. :woohoo:

Google says not without a conversion utility. Don't most of these parts end up as dxf files to head over to the plasma table anyway?

Yes they do. I think he may have been asking just to see if maybe you could modify it using a CAD program that is different than the one it was made in. This could be very useful. I have the dimensions for a WGMT flange (like a he351ve) at my garage I think, I'll make a drawing and send it if anyone is interested. May also be able to do the plates that I made to replace the shock tower on a Dodge.

I'm interested! I know there's a bunch of guys on CompD that know Solidworks, etc. I'm sure if anyone even wanted to just post pictures of dimensions, someone would draw it up.

I use Pro-Engineer, I'm not sure how many other people use it but I can even just post screen shots that show the dimensions, if that will be useful.

We will have it at school next semester. I like it a lot, some people don't, just takes some learning!

T6 - This is a screen shot from the t6.SLDDRW.
T6.jpg

and here is a drawing of the upper shock mount. I also have the models of both of these, if anyone would like them I can put them in the same place as all the other files..

Attachments

• shock_mount.jpg
    shock_mount.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 23
After seeing the intake that the dow guys put on that first gen, I would like to see a drawing, or even just the dimensions, of the intake plate that bolts to the cylinder..

After seeing the intake that the dow guys put on that first gen, I would like to see a drawing, or even just the dimensions, of the intake plate that bolts to the cylinder..
If you're talking about a milled off head intake pattern, I have one drawn up in the repository. I should have a better drawing after the weekend since I needed a second one for the valve covers to seal on.

No I mean just a drawing of the bolt pattern that is on the intake plate. So you could build a "twin ram" style intake of your own design..

Back