got screwed

You really should get the police involved. If he was a stand up guy he would have no issue with contacting you to give you a legitimate answer to your questions. If you wrote him a check you have proof that he was paid and it will either be a criminal or a civil matter depending on the jurisdiction. The longer you let it go the less of a chance of getting anything or getting a hold of him. He sold me a new programmable Van Akken C-5 box a number of years ago that turned out to not only be defective but a huge load of crap and after telling me he would "make it right" I tried contacting him a few times and was blown off.

It is a shame that this happens but it happens all day everyday in every business. I would contact your local police and they will tell you what they can and can't do for you.

Tim from TRE did a bunch of work on my truck years ago and I have been out of state/country for a little over two years now but if I have questions that I cant get answered elsewhere I can call him and he returns my calls even over two years after I spent a dime.

Last edited:
guess it depends how long ago..if it was a year ago you coild call floor-it, if it was more recent, i would try elsewhere
CompD Mobile Device

Why does not one person confront him at event like Spring Fling, Fall Brawl, Carlisle.....

Becuase I have been out of the country/state for every event since 2009. In fall 09, I bowwored a buddies truck to go up there and Lloyd was as friendly as ever with me...which is why I still trusted him at the time. This was also shortly after he took a full billet suncoast trans as payment from me.
CompD Mobile Device

wait a minute, he has your pump, and still no arrival of that S480?

as for the no balls comment, do you really think it would be a great idea to wait another month, when it has been 4 months already of calling, texting, emailing, pm, to no avail? And who is to say that Lloyd will even show up at fall brawl knowing this is going on?

what would you do Snedge and Timebomb? I think Kalen did all he could to keep this under the radar for the sake of business with a "friend"

Kalen is four hours away, kind of far for a no answer to the knock, others have stopped by to find the shop locked quite often.

Why does not one person confront him at event like Spring Fling, Fall Brawl, Carlisle.....

bingo !!!!!! No balls !!

NO ONE should have to "confront" a shop about the parts/work they have/are doing.Its a simple fact that if the goods are paid for then the shop in question should man up and take care of their respective customers.I am one who believes that there are two sides to every story and since Lloyd has shown no interest anywhere in speaking up to those he owes,it is what it is.

Myself,I have made no less than 5 attempts to see him at his shop.3 of them were trips I made to try and get some strap time on his jet,only to find a locked shop and a no one has seen him comment from people in surrounding shops.The last 2 trips were made on behalf of another Comp D member who Lloyd has owed money to for a transfer case which he sold that was bought by this member from F8TLDose and he found out he didn't need it but one of Lloyd's customers did and it was sold again.That sale took place back right after he moved into his current shop and the money STILL HAS NOT BEEN SENT TO HIM!.I have instructed Brad to do what he has to do to retrieve his cash I have done all I can do.I am very certain a court date will be looming for it so he can retrieve his cash but don't you think it would have been alot simpler to just pay him his $350 for the sold transfer case instead of us having to chase after him or having Brad take it to court???.

I like Lloyd and consider him a good friend but things like this need fixed now and not left to fester and get more out of control than they really are.........Andy

Yeah I thought he was a friend too but from the looks of it things are already out of control and have been based on other peoples stories.

Lloyd was always nice to deal with. I sent Lloyd a paypal request for payment. We will see if he accepts it.

He has always paid in the past. Sorry to see Lloyd have such issues. sucks

After I made the thread looking for him and all was resolved thanks to Don M. Spring fling or Fall brawl had came.
I did see Lloyd there but chose not to say a word due to the fact that our business issue was resolved and nothing needed to be said to him.

Later on that week I see on his facebook that said something of this nature......
"It's funny how people call you out on the internet but when they see you in person nothing is said"

What's there to say?!?! If anything would be said it would cause a commotion and not be pretty. And who wants drama at an event like that?

I'm still not 100% sure if that post was geared towards me, I asked SHughes if he thought it meant for him but as i remeber he was not at the event.

Back