Anyone DD a manual VB?

FirstGen90

I'm considering going to a manual vb and ratchet shifter on my dd. Wanted some opinions from some people that dd a ratchet shifter and if you do what setup do you use/reccomend?

I do not enjoy blowing trannies but it has happened a few times.

On a serious note myself and many other members are very happy with the cheetah shifter.

I do not enjoy blowing trannies but it has happened a few times.

On a serious note myself and many other members are very happy with the cheetah shifter.

LOL yeah Rick mentioned the cheetah to me. I've narrowed it down to that or a B&M quicksilver.

If you go to manual valve body with a shifter, do you HAVE to use a switch for OD? Or can you use the shifter for dd and a switch to force OD when you're at the track?

x2 on the cheetah shifter. and I also DD my manual vb and love it... only way I would have an auto... well except maybe a standalone controller or something but thats too much $ LOL

X28 for cheetah. I recommend reverse pattern though so you don't have to run through all the gears when making a lot of turns or parking etc.... but regular still isn't bad.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

X28 for cheetah. I recommend reverse pattern though so you don't have to run through all the gears when making a lot of turns or parking etc.... but regular still isn't bad.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I like regular do to the ability to to to neutral from 3rd/od in the event of a stuck rack or lost throttle cable.

gay-seal-gif.gif

Last edited:
I run the winters shifter, particularly the model with reverse lockout. You'll get pretty accustomed to it after a while (exact same thing as the cheetah, just a different knob up top.)

If I did it again, I'd get a longitudinally gated shifter instead of the latitudinally gated one (the case of the cheetah/winters shifter) - make for quicker shifting at the strip, IMHO

Back