Putting a 12v in a VP truck

jktcummins

24v GOD!!!! HAHAHA
what all would it take to put my raymac 12valve in my 02????

Just think here but i would have to change out
FASS for more PSI
Throttle linkage
The entire tps

I would just run electric fan, electric water pump.

What would happen witht he Vaccum pump will it bolt up to the 12v housing?

Any other ideas????

Mine works great, Still has cruise control, Used my 01 Powersteering& vacum pump bolts right up. Had to get a Cam position sensor bracket and modify the front cover with a die grinder. And get adapters to convert the metric sensors to NPT for Oil pressure,Coolant Temp and I used my VP44 throttle bracket and TPS, It just needed some modifying to get a throttle linkage pivot ball welded on it.And run the wires for the fuel solinoid shut off, or do it manually.( And you will need a 24v cam gear with the ring tone for the cam sensor to pick up on.)

Brett

on the 24v bracket u need to add the big ball on the bottom what I done was ground it down then u can see the out line of the small rivet then take a punch and drive it out , then I drilled the hole to fit the 12v ball,, I had to make my own rod because the dog leg was hitting my bracket basicly I just moved the dog leg back

Also on the front throttle stop I had to grind it down to get full travel but I still have enough to raise or lower my Idle with the torq screw

BEEN THINKING THE SAME WAY 12V IN A 24V. I HAVE A 01 24V HO TRUCK AND A 96 215 TRUCK. WAS WANDERING WITCH WAY WOULD BE EASIER AND MORE COST EFFECTIVE 24V HAS 212K 12 HAS 120K I AM ASSUMING THE 12V SWAP WOULD BE EASIER AND CHEAPER. HOW HARD IS IT TO FIND A 12V 98 HARNESS AND WOULD THE TACK SENSOR BE THE ONLY REAL CHALLENGE?????? :bang

Would electric fans cool the loads you tow Justin? Especially in the summer.

IIRC they are not recommended for heavy towing.

Back