Injection pump removel and install help

9412valve

Boost Lover
Hey guys

I'm replacing my pump with a maxed out used on and I'm kinda lost on how to do the timing and everything. I have read a ton of threads and each one seems like they say to do it different.

So I need the dial indicator and take out one of the DVs ? From what I was told the guy that had this tuned and maxed out the time was set at 20 degrees.

I don't have head studs yet. My truck is just a hybrid hx40 turbo truck 120hp injectors. Looking at my harmonic balancer it does have a couple marks on it from what looks like someone might of adjusted the timing on my truck.

Is there a difference between pump timing and engine timing ?

I read about pinning the pump, if I do that would I be setting it back to stock timing ?

Hope your can put some light on this for me. Also I will be installing some 025 DVs and 4k springs and rack plug.

Thanks !

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

This should help you out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_8U7QC_hpE

If it is pin timed at 20* you just set the engine at TDC and tighten the pump up after you have pin timed it. I use the barring tool to hold the engine at TDC. You can search for timing charts and use the dial indicator method if you want to time it differently.

Thank you.

So when I remove my old pump since I will be putting on a different one I don't need to worry about pinning it right?

Yes, you just need an extension to reach the plunger. I cut a piece of TIG wire when I used that method.

Back