Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Pit Area- OFF TOPIC FORUMS > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Dodge Products
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Products Dodge PARTS ONLY!!

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
gecoveyc

Name: gecoveyc
Title: Diesel Nut
Member`s Gallery
NV5600 for sale-COMPLETELY Rebuilt with upgraded parts

I have the NV5600 6 speed transmission out of my 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 cummins. This transmission is fresh out of the shop in Dallas and is completely rebuilt with 0 miles on it. It has all brand new and aftermarket upgraded internals (gears, bearings, synchros EVERYTHING), brand new input and main shaft, it has also had a custom lube upgrade done by the shop where they strategically drill out specific oil passages to allow the gears and bearings to get better lubricated and also drastically helps with shifting the transmission smoother. The only reason I am getting rid of this transmission is because I am switching to an automatic for drag racing purposes and because I no longer haul anything. I absolutely love this transmission and have nothing but good things to say about it. It was just time to make a change over to a full billet auto for what I use the truck for.

I will also throw in the stock shift kit for this transmission and the shifter has been strategically bent to be closer to the driver and painted red.

THIS IS NOT A STOCK NV5600 LIKE THE ONES YOU WILL FIND FROM SEARCHING FOR A REBUILT ONE. THEY DO NOT MAKE THIS TRANSMISSION ANYMORE AND MOST OF THE ONES FOR SALE ON THE INTERNET ARE REBUILT VERY POORLY OR ONLY MINIMAL PARTS. I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I GOT SCREWED OVER BY A SHOP THAT SOLD ME ONE THAT WAS NOT REBUILT AT ALL LIKE THEY CLAIMED.

THIS TRASMISSION IS UPGRADED AND IS STRONGER AND SMOOTHER THAN ANY STOCK OR REBUILT ONE YOU WILL FIND I PROMISE

$3750 OBO for the tranny, shift kit, and shifter. Serious inquiries only please. I can answer any questions about this transmission that you have.

Contact Gecovey at 806-679-2877
Sorry no pictures as of right now. Can text them to you if you need them

I also have a custom built SB DD clutch rated for 1400HP and the upgraded hydraulics, and a BD short shift kit for sale separately. Can bundle and mismatch some of these parts if you're interested.
05 2500, NV5600, Valair Street Triple, Smarty SSR, ED Billet 66mm, Wicked Stg 3, 120HP sticks, HTT Intercooler, Pusher Intake,ATS Exhaust Manifold, K&N, FASS 150/150, 6" Black mitres, Hamilton Valve Springs, Pushrods, 181/210 cam, A1 H11 headstuds

Old 03-31-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
bradley59dzl

Name: bradley59dzl
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
What upgraded that makes it so much better then a regular reman.?

Old 03-31-2011, 08:07 PM   #3
gecoveyc

Member`s Gallery
First of all it has all brand new parts in it and some of them are aftermarket that the transmission builder says are stronger than OEM. Every gear except 1st because I never use that gear and the mechanic said it was still brand new. The input is brand new as well as the main shaft. All brand new syncros which are also aftermarket and not stock supposed to be stronger as well. Shift forks, sliders, bearings etc. is all brand new. Also this shop does a special lube upgrade that I mentioned before where they drill out specific oil passages so more fluid gets to each gear and bearing. This upgrade also makes shifts a lot smoother and allows for easier shifting especially when you have a huge clutch. Before it would only shift in to gears if it was below 2000 RPM now it shifts into each gear a lot easier almost like stock.

The reason I had it completely rebuilt is because the first time I replaced the tranny I bought "a brand new and completely rebuilt NV5600" for over $3000 from a highly recommended tranny shop in PA that I will not mention a name. When I got the tranny and installed it, the very first trip out it grinded in 2nd, 3rd, 5th and reverse NO MATTER WHAT. Also it shifted so stiff I was waiting for something to break just daily driving it. Finally I sent it to the shop in Ft. Worth because I got tired of it and was pissed. The mechanic in Ft. Worth said basically that I got completely screwed and to him it looked like they found a really trashed out and abused NV5600, fixed the bare minimum on it and sold it to me. I couldn't afford to have it completely rebuilt then so I had him fix the syncros and replace a couple gears and do the lube upgrade and send it back to me. Cost me $2000 just to do that.

Then about a month ago I snapped the input shaft and said F this 6 speed, sent it back to the Ft. Worth tranny shop and told him to completely rebuild it from front to back with all brand new parts and any aftermarket/stronger parts he could find for it. And now I have it back and am trying to get some of my money back out of it. It's sitting strapped to a pallet in my shop ready to ship to a new owner for the right price. It's priced high because I've got my hopes up and am trying to get some of the $8000 back that I have invested in it. Only this time I'm selling it knowing that its been completely rebuilt so someone else doesn't get screwed like I did.
05 2500, NV5600, Valair Street Triple, Smarty SSR, ED Billet 66mm, Wicked Stg 3, 120HP sticks, HTT Intercooler, Pusher Intake,ATS Exhaust Manifold, K&N, FASS 150/150, 6" Black mitres, Hamilton Valve Springs, Pushrods, 181/210 cam, A1 H11 headstuds

Old 04-01-2011, 08:15 AM   #4
stubspuds

Name: stubspuds
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
NV5600 shift kit.... Shifts almost as good as stock....Every gear better than new....This tranny builder sounds like a miracle worker!

Did Jesus build your tranny?

Old 04-01-2011, 08:43 AM   #5
OrangeNV

Name: OrangeNV
Title: BISH please
Member`s Gallery
Maybe a short shift kit?
Originally Posted by roachie View Post
Nothing is quite as exciting as bare-backing a ginger crack wh0re that is famous.
MUMAU
RAM BOYZ
KEYSTONE
MANNING

Old 04-01-2011, 09:19 AM   #6
gecoveyc

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeNV View Post
Maybe a short shift kit?
Yes I ran a BD short shift kit with it too

Old 04-01-2011, 09:20 AM   #7
gecoveyc

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubspuds View Post
NV5600 shift kit.... Shifts almost as good as stock....Every gear better than new....This tranny builder sounds like a miracle worker!

Yup it possibly could have been Jesus now that you mention it...mechanic has long brown hair and a sick ZZ Top beard

Old 04-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #8
bradley59dzl

Name: bradley59dzl
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
ok i was just wondering what was upgraded.. And a little fyi thats not a custom built clutch they sell them everyday..sintered iron is the material

Old 04-01-2011, 09:42 AM   #9
gecoveyc

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley59dzl View Post
ok i was just wondering what was upgraded.. And a little fyi thats not a custom built clutch they sell them everyday..sintered iron is the material
Yeah I realized that yesterday afternoon after I posted this stuff up. At the time last summer Peter told me it was brand new technology pads with the sintered iron and that it wasn't out real big to the public yet and was helping me out. I understand that's not the case anymore and will fix my post. Just relaying the information Peter gave me last summer. Custom is the wrong word, just seemed to fit at the time

Old 04-01-2011, 10:19 PM   #10
slow01dodge

Name: slow01dodge
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
y would you daily drive a 1400hp clucth? how much did you make?

Old 04-02-2011, 08:43 AM   #11
Kick Start

Name: Kick Start
Title: Banned
Member`s Gallery
How do you know this tranny shifts smoother than anything else out there if it has 0 miles on it?

All possible because of UNICORNS
Wampus Cat Diesel

Old 04-02-2011, 04:35 PM   #12
gecoveyc

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick Start View Post
How do you know this tranny shifts smoother than anything else out there if it has 0 miles on it?
Because I had the the lube upgrade and synchros replaced the first time I had it rebuilt. It doesn't matter I'm keeping it now anyways and just getting a different clutch. I'm trying to figure out how to remove this thread

Old 04-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #13
gecoveyc

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow01dodge View Post
y would you daily drive a 1400hp clucth? how much did you make?
Around 600, but it'll be up around 800 after the twins and cam and some other stuff. Which is why Peter told me to get that clutch.

I've been talked out of switching to an automatic at this point and I'm gonna give this tranny one last chance. I'm gonna switch to one of Dan's street triple disc clutches and see how that works for a while

If anybody knows how to remove a thread that you've started please let me know so I can get rid of this one

Old 04-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #14
Backhoe man

Name: Backhoe man
Title: nobody
Member`s Gallery
PM a mod

Old 04-03-2011, 12:11 PM   #15
Kronic_187

Name: Kronic_187
Title: Mekanical injection junky
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubspuds View Post

Old 04-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #16
bwdt

Name: bwdt
Title: engineer
Member`s Gallery
I figure some of Jesus's beard hair fell in during the rebuild and now its blessed......

Old 04-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #17
gecoveyc

Member`s Gallery
I sure hope it did this time haha since I'm keeping it

Closed Thread