still looking for some streetable HP

movingcoal

firsttimestroken
Hey guys thanks for all the info. This 7.3 diesel stuff is new to me so any info is great. I have looked for aftermarket parts for this dang thing and cant find any internals!!! This is what I have started out with.....I got a 00 ambulance short block to start with (yes forged rods) I have beam polished and recon the rods. I have all ready done the fuel bowel delete. Feeding both heads from the rear larger plugs on back of heads that I have drilled and tapped them for 3/8 pipe. Then I will run #8 an lines for the feed. Then because of the issues with the idler and power steering mounts on the front of the engine blocking the larger ports on the heads. I have drilled the factory 1/8 npt ports to 1/4 inch npt and drilled the passage to .312 (factory was only .187)was afrad of gettn into the hpop rail if I went any bigger then 5/16!! Then I will return with #6 an lines to the regulator. I think this will work fine. Anybody have any input on this? Ported polished ex sides of the heads. Got the outlets to 1.625. I am building my headers with .500 flanges and 2" downs to a common 2.500 up to the turbo. Does anyone know the exhaust pulses on this engine. So when I build the headers witch cyls compliment each other for faster spooling of the turbo? I have deleted the oil cooler(going with a large air to air) and also fabed a remote oil filter housing (still utilizing the block heater) using a very large cat high eff oil filter. It is going to be a street truck but not drove that much (weekends). I bored the block .020 over (using torque plates)and will be starting on the firerings tomarrow then power hone. I will be using firerings from a .010 over 400 chevy sb. From what I have read on the cam not much performance gain for the $$$$$$$ with what is out there!!! Guess i will stay with the stock one as bad as I hate too. I did not know that mahle made any other piston than stock???? I already have rotating assembley balanced (4000 grams per throw lmao). Where a good small block chevy is around 1400. I have not bought the injectors or turbo. How about a turbo off of a 3412 cat engine? I can get my hands on a brand new one for nuttn! tryn to find the trim numbers on it as we speak. It looks to be around a 70mm compressor wheel and a 1.15a/r housing. I have to do a little more snoopn around on this one!!I have been lookn at dyno pulls tryn to figure out what to go with. I figured on getting the long block done first. Then turbo, injectors and maybe fab a new set of intake runners.

parts

moving coal, pm cat992 on here and ask him about his s400 turbo off of a 60 series detroit and mount he had fabed up of stainless.

Back