1998 12 valve 2500 Q/C longbed 4wd 5 speed

Got the NV5600 6 speed and NV271 out of the junker and laying in the bed of this truck.
$7500 with transmission, t-case and driveshaft parts.

Alternatively, I have a guy that'll finish it up, with the NV5600/NV271 combo, with a new clutch and driveshafts fitted.
If that happens, I'll take $10,500 DELIVERED.

Mark.

Now how much for the above , delivered ?

Been driving this truck the last few days and it turns out the engine seriously leaks some oil.
Once I get another truck sorted out, I may end up parting this thing out.

Otherwise $5000 gets it as it sits, no spare trans and t-case.

Mark.

Been driving this truck the last few days and it turns out the engine seriously leaks some oil.
Once I get another truck sorted out, I may end up parting this thing out.

Otherwise $5000 gets it as it sits, no spare trans and t-case.

Mark.

How does it run otherwise? Just 300k I’d weathered gaskets, I’d assume? Did you put the 2wd trans in it?

I’ll send you a message on Friday. I’m down around Wichita, KS.

It runs great, the oil consumption may be due in part to running hard down the road with no overdrive @ 2500 RPMs.

I did NOT put the 2wd trans in it.

Mark.

When the weather clears up, I'm killing this oil leaking turd.
Either that, or I'm rolling it into the Missouri River.

Otherwise $4000 gets it, any less, it goes away in pieces.

Mark.

Used it to haul iron today.
Had 5000 pounds of 6.7 iron on it and put a big ol' scratch in the back of the cab. :hehe:

I'm not so scared of beating it up now, I'll just run 'er 'til she blows. :)

Mark.

Nah, unless someone becomes realistic on the whole thing, I'll probably continue to rag on it through the rest of winter and make Dodge bitlets of it in the spring.
Be interesting to see how much rust it acquires through a winter of not washing it, with big snows like we're having. :cool:

The ride that came with that damage was very entertaining, though, not worth repeating. :what:

Mark.

{edit}
Nevermind, I just recalled that I put $800 in tires and a new clutch in it 2 months back.

Mark.

Last edited:
So what's the current state of this gem? No overdrive and uses oil? And what kinda price are we talking?

It has overdrive, hence the new clutch.
$5k as it sits, come drive it home.

Mark.

Last edited:
Oops I missed the new clutch part. So to clarify is it the 6spd and the 4x4 works now or did you convert to 2wd?

It has another 2wd NV4500, because it was what I had a new clutch for, at the time.
Feel free to call me at the number in the main post. :)

Mark.

Back