New truck project

Well pictures of the truck are finally
Popping up. I have not had any luck loading the videos up.
bdae8dd6a912af026e0c1c972ff71fa8.jpg

I am not getting a whole lot done one the truck this weekend. Needed to
Catch up on sleep in a huge way and have a calc 4/ differential equations, linear algebra exam this evening.

Well pictures of the truck are finally
Popping up. I have not had any luck loading the videos up.
bdae8dd6a912af026e0c1c972ff71fa8.jpg

I am not getting a whole lot done one the truck this weekend. Needed to
Catch up on sleep in a huge way and have a calc 4/ differential equations, linear algebra exam this evening.

Pssshhhh..... Math! Like you'll ever use it lol!:doh:

Trust me there are a million other things I would rather be doing . But it's my last math class for my engineering degree.
91497b1288c05809c3e06ab9217391f1.jpg

That should be your main worry, that truck will get alot faster I'm sure after you put that degree to work.

That should be your main worry, that truck will get alot faster I'm sure after you put that degree to work.

That's the plan. And it is my main focus and will be till I am done. Been at it for to long. I Will be glad to enjoy summer break after this week. So that means only 50 hours a week of work instead of work and school lol

Well exam went well Sunday and have passed the class. Got the head on the truck with a standard gasket instead of .020 over.
1ecbaa52dc7ab3d763eb9abfee3cad77.jpg

Doing the first of many retorques
96f9dda05443dbe0edd2a27c58bfb9ec.jpg

I would absolutely love to not pull this head again

Finally a positive update. I got the truck finished and did a retorque. And ran it. Check studs and they didn't move a bit. Loaded up and went to ADD race Friday. Made 4 passes. First blew a boot at the 330 and coasted to a 7.50. Hairspray and a tighter clamp netted the best pass to date.
6d49f941b754aa338ab748367fe7efa4.jpg

These are with very soft 60 foot. I am only leaving at 15 psi as I really need to learn running the tree better with this truck. So has a lot left in the 60. Got the truck cleaned up much better for this race as well.
a834def97d6a50d157330764ef6ddcbc.jpg

I made 4 passes and lost to rick from exergy who won the event. The truck loaded on the trailer with its own power.
e71b96a05370872f8b2dc1d8e958974a.jpg

Win for the day. Our flatbed truck also won 7.70 class. All in all the weekend was a success.
I wish I could load videos I have several
Good from the weekend

Last edited:
The truck loaded on the trailer with its own power.

Always a good race weekend when you can do this. Win or lose.

No I have not. That was to finish up my math class. I have only started the engineering classes. The basics if you will.

I didn't really get into college much until I started the course specific classes. I picked up a few civil classes along the way as well.

Kudos on truck.

Glad you finally had a good outing with the truck.

Bring that reaction time down once you learn the truck a little more and you'll be sitting quite nice.

Which studs are you running?

Glad you finally had a good outing with the truck.

Bring that reaction time down once you learn the truck a little more and you'll be sitting quite nice.

Which studs are you running?

Well I spent some time on the phone with arp because I thought the studs were the problem. They told me what to measure and all studs measure with in .0005 of each other and were not hour glassed so they said they are fine and can handle a life time of reuse so I threw then back in. The problem ended up being the Rings were cut for a standard gasket not a .020 over one like I sent him.

Well I spent some time on the phone with arp because I thought the studs were the problem. They told me what to measure and all studs measure with in .0005 of each other and were not hour glassed so they said they are fine and can handle a life time of reuse so I threw then back in. The problem ended up being the Rings were cut for a standard gasket not a .020 over one like I sent him.

I'm glad you got it fixed. That's bum luck there, I bet that was a relief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back