Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I’ll have to ask him, I thought it looked newer than 67, but I figured somebody on here would correct me if He was wrong. Maybe his dyslexia is kicking in and it’s really a 76

I like the guys now that think twin sticks are just the coolest thing. Even when they were popular it isn’t because they were awesome it’s because that’s all they had. I have a friend that should know better and swore a 5x4 would handle real HP and it took him pulling junk transmissions out 3-4 times before he realized that old chit is total chit. Tried like 2 5spds, 6spd 7spd and finally a 9spd in front of the aux before just putting an 18spd back in.

First driving job I ever had was for a farmer driving grain truck. He had an old tandem gmc with a gas 454 and a 5x4. It was a dog loaded but coming back from the elevator to the field empty was kind of fun. With both sticks in the big holes it was geared for about 120 mph. Loaded you couldn't use 3rd or 4th on the aux box. I wouldn't want one for for over the road but running around local it was kind of fun to drive but then again that was 12 years ago and I didn't know any better.

First driving job I ever had was for a farmer driving grain truck. He had an old tandem gmc with a gas 454 and a 5x4. It was a dog loaded but coming back from the elevator to the field empty was kind of fun. With both sticks in the big holes it was geared for about 120 mph. Loaded you couldn't use 3rd or 4th on the aux box. I wouldn't want one for for over the road but running around local it was kind of fun to drive but then again that was 12 years ago and I didn't know any better.

I started hauling grain for an old farmer when I was 14. He had a 1970 C65 Chevy that started out life with a 366 in it. They'd run it out of oil and locked it up at some point. Swapped a tall deck 427, and it still had the 4+2 behind it. Single axle with a 16’ dump bed on it that you could get 425 bushels in. Terrific load for an old single axle.
I was coming up a steep hill out of a bean field one day that we usually could climb in 2nd gear if we had a good run for it. Well, I hadn’t gotten a good enough run for it. Nearly stalled it, clutched it, crammed it into 1st, popped the clutch and pinned the gas pedal in one motion trying to keep from stalling it.
That’s the one and only time I ever rode a wheelie in a truck. Scared me half to death but knew if I let out I wouldn’t make it, and if it stalled the brakes wouldn’t hold it.
I think some of us are lucky to have survived to adulthood!!LOL

Last edited:
I started hauling grain for an old farmer when I was 14. He had a 1970 C65 Chevy that started out life with a 366 in it. They'd run it out of oil and locked it up at some point. Swapped a tall deck 427, and it still had the 4+2 behind it. Single axle with a 16’ dump bed on it that you could get 425 bushels in. Terrific load for an old single axle.
I was coming up a steep hill out of a bean field one day that we usually could climb in 2nd gear if we had a good run for it. Well, I hadn’t gotten a good enough run for it. Nearly stalled it, clutched it, crammed it into 1st, popped the clutch and pinned the gas pedal in one motion trying to keep from stalling it.
That’s the one and only time I ever rode a wheelie in a truck. Scared me half to death but knew if I let out I wouldn’t make it, and if it stalled the brakes wouldn’t hold it.
I think some of us are lucky to have survived to adulthood!!LOL
Be cool to have that on video!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ive got a 64 1600 loadstar with the 304 and 4+2 the are a blast to drive. Foot on the floor, and dual glass packs, puts a smile on your face. Even at 30mph

6d2d7fba32a0f6a6209d3c4d979aab77.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I hear Volvo is where the action is.

we were sitting in stopped traffic on the interstate and Gage was giving drivers the sign..cpl nice rides go by and then a fleet truck. he comes back in the window and im like''why not him?'' he said dad its an ugly truck..besides it isn't a real semi its a Volvo....I love him!

I’ve had the same load of produce on for going on 6 days...
I don’t even care anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back