39 dodge welding rig

Would like to go dialysis but I’m set on srw. Got the bed for it, it’s an 11’ knapheide box. Gotta barrow it up 16” to make it srw width. Will have pictures of it next to the body tomorrow

Attachments

• 85F50840-65A3-42E9-848A-7FDAB694313C.jpg
    85F50840-65A3-42E9-848A-7FDAB694313C.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
you might have issues narrowing that box. Reason being, the cabinet depth on the srw bodies are shallower than the drw bodies. If you just take the width difference out of the floor, you may have suspension interference. (probably not an issue for you due to your fab skills and the fact you arent using conventional suspension).

The other thing that might help is when those bodies are made, they "hang" the side packs on the floor sub-assembly and then weld them in place. They arent solid welded iirc and you might be able to split the stitch welds and lift the cabinets off, mod the floor arrangement and hang them back on.

Lol maybe. Plans tend to change quickly.
Thank you for that info. I will have to notch the bottom corners of the front boxes to clear brackets but not much thankfully

LOL

If this rain would let up I’d be able to get some body work done. Need to get this thing blasted and primed so I can start pulling dents

Attachments

• 7B70E0D9-36A3-4CA5-85D5-AC439EE0412C.jpg
    7B70E0D9-36A3-4CA5-85D5-AC439EE0412C.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 0
Excited to say that my motor is finally done which means I’ll be able to get busy on the axle placement.

Just imagine all the time you would save on that box if you just made it a dually.:poke:

Just tryimg to help the cause LOL

Turns out the bed narrowing is going to be easier than I thought. Was measuring everything and found the by cutting 14” out of the bed it will put me flush with the front fenders and still have 1.5” of clearance on each side of my upper fourlink brackets. :cheer:

Turns out the bed narrowing is going to be easier than I thought. Was measuring everything and found the by cutting 14” out of the bed it will put me flush with the front fenders and still have 1.5” of clearance on each side of my upper fourlink brackets. :cheer:

:badidea: DUALLY FTW!!!:poke:

Do what you want, gonna be sick either way...

...but if you could go ahead and make that a dually, that'd be great.

Back