Exhaust housing

01CUMMINS24

I have an air research garrett T18a40 PT#5141676, it has a 1.70 exhaust housing. Looking for a smaller housing, have searched quite a bit with no luck maybe yall could help me out?

Last edited:
Well from what iv read the only smaller housings available are 1.30 and 1.50. I guees the 1.30 would be ideal but i would use a 1.50 if i had to. I just think the 1.70 would be to laggy.

I couldn't get the exhaust housing off to measure it. The housing will rotate like it is loose but will not come off.

There are a few smaller housings, I believe there is a 1.00, 1.14, and a 1.32. Columbus diesel may be able to get you one, but they are getting harder to find as they haven't made the chargers for so long.

407738-0005 1.00AR for E-trim
407738-0004 1.14AR for E-trim
407738-0003 1.32AR for E-trim

Personally, I wouldn't spend money on it.

Last edited:
I would maybe have something to trade him, but hasnt answerd my questions about what he has. Just curious Weston, what cm size do you equate the 1.0ar to?

Motorwood, not sure what questions you are refering to? i have answered every question i have been asked. Thanks Weston, i dont have anything in the turbo so ill check and see how much the housings are compared to maybe finding a HT4B or similar size turbo.

I sent you a pm asking housing size. I might can find you a 1.32 and would trade you if you cover freight?

I didn't recieve any pm's not sure why but i just sent you one. If i can work out a housing for cheap ill run that turbo until thrust bearing wears out or until i find something better.

Last edited:
Back