Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #1
slosh

Name: slosh
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
700-750 hp build

Well let me introduce myself. Long time lurker first time poster. I used to own a 2006 duramax with a lot of mods done to it. Ended up selling it for an offer I couldn't pass up. Wanted another duramax but the more and more I looked they were just out of my price range. Ran across a local dealer who got a cummins in. Stopped in to check it out and by the end of the week I was the proud new owner of a cummins:thumbsup: I picked up a 2002 24 valve cummins quad cab 4x4 Laramie with all the bells and whistles leather, power everything, bone stock motor, no rust what so ever (Florida truck) and the best part only had 75,000 miles!!! Well with all that said I went the lifted route with my duramax now I want to go the low and fast route with the cummins.

I'm looking to build a 700-750 rwhp play truck. I want to achieve this with fuel only. The truck will not see the track, or tow, or be daily driven. Just a fun play truck. Below is the current mods I have done to the truck already. I just recently installed them (except tranny) and haven't drove the truck yet since install.

-full suncoast 47re ( valve body, rebuild kit, billet shafts, billet tc)
-air dog 150 lift pump
- gauges ( fuel pressure, boost, egt, trans temp)
-quadzilla adrenaline with pulse
-all fluids switched to synthetic (motor, tranny, differentials, etc)
- new driveshaft ujoints front and rear
-all new front end parts
-traction bars
-lowered 3" front/5" rear

Now with the 700-750 hp goal in mind below is the list I came up with as far as additional mods. I'd like a little insight on if I'm on the right path or if there are suggestions on what I can do different.

-head studs
-fire ring
-injectors (200/250)
-Hamilton 110 valves springs
-Hamilton cam ( not sure which one?)
-twin turbos (s300/s400 setup)
-a built vp44 or a p-pump swap?
I'm able to pickup a complete 12 valve motor with the 175 hp pump for $1200. Will this pump be good for my hp goal with the obvious mods to it ( dv's, 4gsk, etc) or Should I hold out and buy the conversion kit and try and look for a 180/215 pump instead?

I'm tempted by the ppump swap due to the fact of gaining simplicity of a mechanical design, reliability, and overall easy capabilities to gaining hp

I've searched and read all I can possibly read on here and just looking for some point of direction I need to move next. Really appreciate all the help guys!!!!

Old 10-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
atvracn08

Name: atvracn08
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Just pick up a monster mike pump, some hurricane injectors and run a billet 72mm single and you'll be there.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
Tate

Name: Tate
Title: What?
Member`s Gallery
Keep in mind that the conversion kit only supplies some of the parts, most notably lacking is the pump itself. There are still many things to source to complete the conversion. You'd be better off buying the 12v and buying the conversion lines. Then you can sell off the rest of the 12v to get back some money.

Or drop the 12v in and sell off the complete 24v. I'm sure you can sell it for more than $1200 and be money ahead.

My p-pump conversion pics

Old 10-29-2012, 02:16 AM   #4
JQmile

Name: JQmile
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Most of the hard runners I know of run Monster Pump Mike's VP44 stuff. If you want a drivable 600-650rwhp combo, you can do it with a stock pump and big injectors and twins. Even a single 64-66 can make pretty good power, but 700-750 will take some work with a VP44.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #5
One_bigram2001

Name: One_bigram2001
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Can anyone help me out.. I bought a 2001 cummins that was a sled pull truck, I'm putting it back on the street but the set up on there is too extreme. It's an industrial injection 150% pump, 6x.18 injectors, .093 lines and a 2.6 class non wastegated s400 turbo, is there anyway I can run twins with this turbo and a fuel cooler, or is it safe to drive like this? My only other option seems like to spend 5 grand on a smaller pump and injectors, and a waste gated turbo. I'd like all opinions.. All in all I want to make this truck a reliable street truck for pulling trailers.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #6
captain_stabbin

Name: captain_stabbin
Title: hmm
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by One_bigram2001 View Post
Can anyone help me out.. I bought a 2001 cummins that was a sled pull truck, I'm putting it back on the street but the set up on there is too extreme. It's an industrial injection 150% pump, 6x.18 injectors, .093 lines and a 2.6 class non wastegated s400 turbo, is there anyway I can run twins with this turbo and a fuel cooler, or is it safe to drive like this? My only other option seems like to spend 5 grand on a smaller pump and injectors, and a waste gated turbo. I'd like all opinions.. All in all I want to make this truck a reliable street truck for pulling trailers.

Closed Thread