Flexplate or billet input?

SuperDave4x4

popcorn playa
Which one do yall think will break first with about 450hp? Jeff wants me to get the Flexplate, but if my stock input shaft breaks and screws up my TC then it will not be covered under warranty. :bang :doh:

What do yall think?

I would go for the input shaft myself..... You can always install a flexplate after when funds suffice and you won't have to tear down the trans.

Would I be able to change the flexplate with pulling the whole trans? Couldn't I just slide it back a bit and wiggle my hands in there to get the stocker out?

Scott did you get my PM?

I would change your input first but yeah I tore the center out of my flexplate and changed it by just sliding my tranny back 4 in.

Lavon

SuperDave4x4 said:
Would I be able to change the flexplate with pulling the whole trans? Couldn't I just slide it back a bit and wiggle my hands in there to get the stocker out?

Scott did you get my PM?

yes you can pull it back about 6-8",

i broke mine about 3 months ago,......watch,... it could also make a mess of things (converter).....because the converter is centered in the flexplate and it's a tight fit, if it spins on the converter it could cost a few bucks to repair the converter.

the input is definately first. but both are necessities. or I have heard of people doubling up flexplates. I still have my stocker. just cut the starting gear off. like Scott said, when the flexplate breaks it will usually damage parts like the pump in the front of the trans. and stuff like that.

mark

Back