Other Guys With Fuel Sumps, Weigh In

God that small sump is Purty! I have no issues with my truck now without a sump so ill be leaving it that way.

God that small sump is Purty! I have no issues with my truck now without a sump so ill be leaving it that way.

LOL. If you knew how many hours I di<ked with that.... LOL

I tried the draw straws and making things bigger but the 1/4 tank issue was horrible. It now has all oversize lines and the FASS but I had to go back with a factory canister. Everything inside your tank is factory but the very top of it has a few mods for the extra return from the FASS. $.02

I see you later model trucks have a tank bottom thats essentially marked for where the stock fuel diddlies are.

Where should I put in on my 2nd gen? or does it really matter as long as its flat? front, middle, rear.

I tried the draw straws and making things bigger but the 1/4 tank issue was horrible. It now has all oversize lines and the FASS but I had to go back with a factory canister. Everything inside your tank is factory but the very top of it has a few mods for the extra return from the FASS. $.02

I don't have any issues at all... Lol
Knock on wood. That concerns me in a way.

All this sump talk and my 02 Chevy with a 3/4" piece of black steel pipe as the draw straw drains the fuel tank below E without an issue. I've put sumps on trucks but not street trucks, only competition vehicles in need of every last oz. of fuel delivery possible.

Last evening I ran my Chevy below E due to the dualon station I planned to fill at being closed early and having to drive another 20 miles to fill. The last 5 miles before filling were through hill country with some pretty harsh turns. If it sucked any air I never knew it and I have no air separation system.

Next time I come to OK ill show you how to make a draw straw work. So easy even an engineer can do it.

Back