leak around bellhousing

six.seven

I've got some sort of oily substance that I've never actually seen drip forming on my bellhousing inspection plate all the time. Wipe it dry, drive 200 miles and it's wet again. It actually appears to be coming from higher up but can't tell where it's coming from. Anyone know what it is?

From what you're saying, it sounds like a rear main seal. I've also seen a valve cover gasket leak from the back causing a large mess on the bellhousing.

I have the same problem, Although i think my fuel return banjo bolt is leaking. I shinned a light up there and it was wet around that area and reached my hand back there and it was a little wet. I think the fuel is washing oil down onto my bell housing. Real pain in the as$

From what you're saying, it sounds like a rear main seal. I've also seen a valve cover gasket leak from the back causing a large mess on the bellhousing.

Seems like this could likely be my problem, I been meaning to order the GDP CCV vent kit - should should I just replace the valve cover gasket at the same time or?

Is it oil or trans fluid? could just be the trans is overfilled a bit, it will weap out that hole in the bell housing when it heats up, mine did that after a change, took some out and no more leaks, was a bit high on the dipstick.

Is it oil or trans fluid? could just be the trans is overfilled a bit, it will weap out that hole in the bell housing when it heats up, mine did that after a change, took some out and no more leaks, was a bit high on the dipstick.

Mine did the same, it's not leaking now and is dry from the last time I wiped it clean - likely your suggestion was my problem and the extra in mine all leaked out :)

Back