Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Wicked Diesels
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 04:54 PM   #81
torqueslut

Name: torqueslut
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCzerak View Post
How much over all max boost are you running?

Have you applied that same, if not more pressure though a boost tester mounted on the front of the turbo and sprayed the area with soapy water after you have a few 1000 miles on it to ensure it's sealed?

How difficult would it be to remove the system and install it again? Once you pull them freeze plugs it's not going back together is it? Why I ask on this is everyone would love to see how quickly you can get on top of your charger on a dyno between the stock setup vs wicked's setup.

Being honest here, your "8 to 4" second claim it's tough to swallow unless you have some sort of stop watch/video things at minimum. Even that can be messed with.. Don't take this like your a lair, I'm not calling you that. just looking for more technical black an white data on this feature and it's difficult to trust a human clock or even butt dyno for that matter.
ive got less than a 1,000 miles on the turbo and it makes about 55lbs, i wish i had better before and after proof to back it up , but i honestly feel this is well worth the money , the reason i got this was shane was shaving and o-ringing my head and i asked him about it cause i was having a hard time spooling but thats all that was changed on the truck same tune and everything else

Old 12-25-2009, 04:55 PM   #82
torqueslut

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
yeah, lets see the videos. It's something tangible.

And, why the heck are you running around on the street with a charger that takes 10 seconds to spool in the first place? :P

k it might take awhile im not to good with a computer

Old 12-25-2009, 05:23 PM   #83
torqueslut

Member`s Gallery
this was before i was break boosting before i came to stop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6ttnFmDs3c
this was after
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:11 PM   #84
WICKEDDIESELS

Name: WICKEDDIESELS
Title: SUPPORTING VENDOR
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
How much over all max boost are you running?

Have you applied that same, if not more pressure though a boost tester mounted on the front of the turbo and sprayed the area with soapy water after you have a few 1000 miles on it to ensure it's sealed?

How difficult would it be to remove the system and install it again? Once you pull them freeze plugs it's not going back together is it? Why I ask on this is everyone would love to see how quickly you can get on top of your charger on a dyno between the stock setup vs wicked's setup.

Being honest here, your "8 to 4" second claim it's tough to swallow unless you have some sort of stop watch/video things at minimum. Even that can be messed with.. Don't take this like your a lair, I'm not calling you that. just looking for more technical black an white data on this feature and it's difficult to trust a human clock or even butt dyno for that matter.
We will have some before and after dyno testing done in the new year. I think most miss the point of what this is doing, it is only going to offer a significant benefit at no or low boost conditions. Like daily driving, or accelerating from a low boost condition. It accomplishes several things, a straight shot to 1 and 6 intake runners and effectively increased plenum volume. This setup if installed correctly will never leak, and it isn't threaded into the head. Their is almost no pressure exerted onto its sealing areas, since pressure in the system becomes equalized with the way the kit is plumbed. The plugs would come closer to being blown out under boost than the plumbing of this kit would.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, what are 2 seperate videos worth.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #85
augustus89

Name: augustus89
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
So, I'm guessing this still isn't available? Just for testing? What kind of timeline are we looking at Shane? Expected Pricing? You can PM me if need be, but I'm very interested.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:43 PM   #86
joelc79

Name: joelc79
Member`s Gallery
Its been a while since i've payed attention to this... Will this work with dual pumps? Can i still use my CFM+ as well as a modified intake plenum cover such as the new AirBoss from Glacier? Will it benifit from these additions?

Old 12-29-2009, 01:58 PM   #87
smoker04

Name: smoker04
Member`s Gallery
subscribing....................................... .....

Old 12-29-2009, 04:13 PM   #88
WICKEDDIESELS

Name: WICKEDDIESELS
Title: SUPPORTING VENDOR
Member`s Gallery
I haven't been in a hurry to get alot of these out. I want to make sure it does what I think it will, on several trucks before we get into releasing it.

As for a raised plenum cover, IMO anything else short of cutting the plenum off and machining the head, won't get air to 1 and 6 any easier. I don't think any air horn or dual CP3's would interfere with the kit we are making.

We will also be offering a full intake that requires the head to be machined, in the coming year.

Old 12-31-2009, 05:42 PM   #89
augustus89

Name: augustus89
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WICKEDDIESELS View Post
I haven't been in a hurry to get alot of these out. I want to make sure it does what I think it will, on several trucks before we get into releasing it.

As for a raised plenum cover, IMO anything else short of cutting the plenum off and machining the head, won't get air to 1 and 6 any easier. I don't think any air horn or dual CP3's would interfere with the kit we are making.

We will also be offering a full intake that requires the head to be machined, in the coming year.
Well I'll keep my eyes on this. If you need another test subject let me know

Old 01-06-2010, 02:15 AM   #90
MMAguy

Name: MMAguy
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

Is it as big of an issue on the 24 CR motors as it is on the 12V? My head has a stage 2 PMP job, would they have machined that part out?

NV Gladiator Dogs - Olde English Bulldogs and Presa Canario Dog Breeders

Old 01-06-2010, 07:50 AM   #91
lcaad1249

Name: lcaad1249
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I don't think any air horn or dual CP3's would interfere with the kit we are making.
I've been looking at my PPE setup and I don't think that the pipe to number one will go around my TPS since the dual CP3 kit relocated it.

1999 Ram 2500, DPE P-pump, 7x.014, Ported head, 14mm studs, Fireringed, Full Billet HTS

Old 01-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #92
04DEEZELRAM

Name: 04DEEZELRAM
Title: Offshore operations
Member`s Gallery
Definately have been watching this thread...cant wait for the finish product

Old 02-09-2010, 05:40 AM   #93
MoPower05

Name: MoPower05
Member`s Gallery
Here

Old 02-15-2010, 08:50 AM   #94
mikmaze

Name: mikmaze
Member`s Gallery
morning scratch and bump...........

Old 02-22-2010, 07:58 PM   #95
jsf350

Name: jsf350
Member`s Gallery
bump as well
06 Dodge 2500-MPI/Hamilton, DPC 2011 #3
06 Dodge 2500-Bd Twins 587/1150 work truck
03 drag truck.10.53@131
Hamilton Cams

Old 02-22-2010, 08:11 PM   #96
The Legend

Name: The Legend
Title: Diesel power for the mind
Member`s Gallery
well guess we will all have to just wait or make our own would like to see what Shane has to offer soon ?

Old 02-22-2010, 08:40 PM   #97
cummins6speed

Name: cummins6speed
Member`s Gallery
Any idea on pricing yet? I'd be interested in one for sure

2006 White QC/SB 4x4 Auto- Stock

Old 02-23-2010, 02:10 AM   #98
Silver6spd

Name: Silver6spd
Title: ____________
Member`s Gallery
Will it effect boost readings if your boost fitting is tapped into the intake horn instead of the intake plentum? I've got the AFE bladerunner and soon to do the grid delete. My truck is a 6spd so how well will it help spool a 64.5/71/14 aka super B special with 120's and Hamilton big stick cam?

Old 02-25-2010, 03:18 PM   #99
Silver6spd

Name: Silver6spd
Title: ____________
Member`s Gallery
Anybody?...T.T.T

Old 02-25-2010, 08:35 PM   #100
Scooter's Roofing

Name: Scooter's Roofing
Member`s Gallery
no, it will not effect boost readings