Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > Texas Diesel Shootout
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
MDW

Name: MDW
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Race Director

HotRodDiesels & DI Performance is announcing the hiring of a Texas Diesel Shootout race director and staff.
Curtis Harris will have a staff of John Volpe & Pam Watkins to help with organizing this event.
I would like to thank them for volunteering.
We will not tolerate any abuse of these people whatsoever.
If you would like to volunteer to help you must be a nonracer.
Get with Curtis at the track.

David and myself will be the ones picking the finalist to race for the trophy.
We are not changing anything, we intend on keeping this a casual/racing event.
We ask that all try and help them as much as possible. Come find Curtis and volunteer your time slips.
We would like to run the final as close to 10:00pm as possible.
The base of operation will be the HotRodDiesels motorhome.
We will be adding a sign in sheet so we can keep track of everyone, it will not be mandatory. It would be nice to know who you are and what your driving, again it will not be mandatory.

Michael
HotRodDiesels

Old 12-08-2010, 11:46 AM   #2
wideopen

Name: wideopen
Title: Slum Lord
Member`s Gallery
If Curtis is in Charge I quit!

You have a great crew and things are looking good for the Organization!

Hellmann Performance ~ Keating Machine ~ Engineered Diesel ~ Mumau Diesel ~ GoGo Diesel ~ Hamilton Cams ~ Diesel Innovations ~ Grand Rock Exhaust ~ Smarty

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 12-08-2010, 12:19 PM   #3
Redneck6.0L

Name: Redneck6.0L
Member`s Gallery
When is this event

Nitrous is a Ford's best freind

Old 12-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #4
Powerstroke Racer

Name: Powerstroke Racer
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck6.0L View Post
When is this event
We currently have one the first Friday of every month with the hopes and intentions of growing it to have a big end of the year race like we started with back in the days of the dinosaurs.

Our track is only closed Christmas and New years weekends so we pretty much get to race year around.
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
Diesel Innovations Online Performance Diesel Products!

Old 12-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #5
imelmo

Name: imelmo
Title: Go away, I'm 'batin'!
Member`s Gallery
That sounds like a fix!!!

The FORDOTA, '86 Toyota reg cab tube chassis to be powered by a 6.0 Powerstroke; finally back in progress

Old 12-08-2010, 01:35 PM   #6
Powerstroke Racer

Name: Powerstroke Racer
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by imelmo View Post
That sounds like a fix!!!

Now if we could only get the Tech official and head of security to show up
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
Diesel Innovations Online Performance Diesel Products!

Old 12-08-2010, 02:52 PM   #7
Scooter's Roofing

Name: Scooter's Roofing
Member`s Gallery
Curtis can be bribed with single malt...

just sayin'

Old 12-08-2010, 03:10 PM   #8
wideopen

Name: wideopen
Title: Slum Lord
Member`s Gallery
In that Case, I'll be able to win every race and never show up! WooHoo

Hellmann Performance ~ Keating Machine ~ Engineered Diesel ~ Mumau Diesel ~ GoGo Diesel ~ Hamilton Cams ~ Diesel Innovations ~ Grand Rock Exhaust ~ Smarty

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 12-08-2010, 04:38 PM   #9
MDW

Name: MDW
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideopen View Post
In that Case, I'll be able to win every race and never show up! WooHoo
Curtis is the race director.
David and I give out the trophy.
You will never win one
Even if David wants you to as I'm bigger than him and can take him.....
Muahahahahaha

Old 12-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #10
gitchesum

Name: gitchesum
Member`s Gallery
Don't hired people get salaries?

Hey, I maybe easy, but I'm not cheap. And as Forrest mentioned, I can be bribed with single malt, but just like a woman, it's gotta be at least 18 years old or I don't touch it. Which means my bribe would cost more than the trophy.

Seriously though, seeing that I don't really race much anymore, and just sit around and BS most of the time anyways, I thought it would be helpful to have someone who can focus more on the event. Mike and David have done a great job getting this event off the ground and more and more trucks are showing up. And from what I'm seeing coming down the pipeline, there are going to be some fast truck joining us soon enough.

As mentioned, the format is staying the same. We will just be streamlining the process a little bit better. I'll do my best to be available at the HRD motorhome during the night, but that being said, anyone can tell you, I'm not a hard guy to spot.

As far as what I will be asking for. We fully intend to have the two finalist picked and in the staging lanes by 10:00pm. That means I will need all time slips submitted to me by 9:30 so we can compile the data, compare times and pick what we believe will be the best race for the spectators and the competitors. No time slips will be accepted after 9:30pm. I don't care if your brother's cousin's nephew is in the staging lanes about to run. If the time slip isn't in my hands at 9:30(using my clock), you will not be considered for the final race. Time slips should be submitted with your name and something that identifies your truck. I don't know everyone personally, nor what you drive. I will need this information.

At 9:50, we will hold a drivers meeting where I will announce who is racing in the final event. You NEED to be at the motorhome at 9:50pm. If you are picked and not at the drivers meeting, an alternate racer, or a completely different race will be decided instead, so you could potentially screw another racer out of his chance to be in the finals as well, so please make sure to be at the motorhome at 9:50. We will announce the race and racers and you will head straight to the staging lanes from there, so make sure you are ready to race before the drivers meeting. I WILL NOT COME LOOKING FOR YOU!!!

In the event we had what we had last weekend where we were only able to run in one lane, we will run two separate runs, and decide the winner based on reaction time and E.T. Just because you run a quicker E.T., it doesn't mean you automatically win. Your reaction time will be calculated into the run.

And don't even think about sandbagging. We will be picking races based on E.T. If we feel you ran to fast in the finals, you're out and the other guys gets the trophy.

Remember, this is one of the very few events that is free to the racers. Mike and David are graciously donating the trophy(and if you've seen it, you know it's not cheap), so they will ultimately have the final say in any decision.

Remember, we will not be racing in January. I will start a thread a couple of weeks prior to the planned races to communicate any changes or additions. I'm looking forward to the upcoming races and helping with the Texas Diesel Shootout.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #11
VMAX

Name: VMAX
Member`s Gallery
Thanks Curtis for accepting the role and helping the race out. I know with a family it is not easy to get out and be at all the races. The sponsors could not have picked a better guy for the job. I volunteer to bring Curtis cold refreshing beer............. If he is in charge of the point sheet. LMAO~!

Old 01-02-2011, 11:37 PM   #12
ramctd

Name: ramctd
Title: AKA RamWheelsBy4
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDW View Post
HotRodDiesels & DI Performance is announcing the hiring of a Texas Diesel Shootout race director and staff.
Curtis Harris will have a staff of John Volpe & Pam Watkins to help with organizing this event.
I would like to thank them for volunteering.
We will not tolerate any abuse of these people whatsoever.
If you would like to volunteer to help you must be a nonracer.
Get with Curtis at the track.

Michael
HotRodDiesels
Was I drinking when I agreed to this??

Looking forward to a great year for the Texas Diesel Shootout. I expect to see some great races, meet some new diesel enthusiasts and of course harass David whenever possible.

Studs, Springs, Flux 2s, Silver Bullet, II Bag of Parts, AFE Stage II, 6" Stack, Billet TC/Trans by HotRodDiesels, TST R49, MP-8, Smarty TNT/R.
12.43s @ 108.48

Closed Thread