Put my VP on a dyno yesterday...

I would suggest at least looking into River City's 71mm "stock appearing" He351vgt....but I already tried & apparently they don't want to sell them.

First off I goofed its a 67mm inducer not 71mm, had a He551 brain fart.
Anyway wish I knew man, and not trying to stir the sh&$ pot or anything here as I have never had any dealings w them before, or know anyone who has for that matter. However I called them up the other day & after making my way thru their P.I.T.A phone system I was put on hold for one of the the turbo guys for 10-15min before I finally hung up thinkin "meh, it's a Monday cut em some slack." Called back a couple hours later and after 10min on hold got thru & "the turbo dude", whom shal remain unnamed, answered & sounds all pissed. I politely try to ask 1 of the 2 questions quick questions I had, which was is it a true 2.5" bore cover or can it be set-up as such? (that's the local org's work stock rule) On their website they state that it is a completely stock appearing turbo, but they also state it has almost a 2.8" inducer. I just needed a lil clarification on a few details before buying a $2200 turbo, ya know. Anyway, I get half my question out dude cuts me off & tells me "he don't know, hold for the guy that does" & puts me back on hold. 10-15min later I hang up & say f- it. I was prty hot but haven't said or posted anything about it. I don't doubt that it makes a good work stock charger if it will pass your org's tech, cust device like that just burns ma biscuts though...especially when you have your credit card in your hand.....I must have sounded entirely too cheerful.

Great news! Your story will be featured in the next few months!
u5p11e0jswoy6mmyunge_zpshswhkgfd.jpeg

First off I goofed its a 67mm inducer not 71mm, had a He551 brain fart.

Anyway wish I knew man, and not trying to stir the sh&$ pot or anything here as I have never had any dealings w them before, or know anyone who has for that matter. However I called them up the other day & after making my way thru their P.I.T.A phone system I was put on hold for one of the the turbo guys for 10-15min before I finally hung up thinkin "meh, it's a Monday cut em some slack." Called back a couple hours later and after 10min on hold got thru & "the turbo dude", whom shal remain unnamed, answered & sounds all pissed. I politely try to ask 1 of the 2 questions quick questions I had, which was is it a true 2.5" bore cover or can it be set-up as such? (that's the local org's work stock rule) On their website they state that it is a completely stock appearing turbo, but they also state it has almost a 2.8" inducer. I just needed a lil clarification on a few details before buying a $2200 turbo, ya know. Anyway, I get half my question out dude cuts me off & tells me "he don't know, hold for the guy that does" & puts me back on hold. 10-15min later I hang up & say f- it. I was prty hot but haven't said or posted anything about it. I don't doubt that it makes a good work stock charger if it will pass your org's tech, cust device like that just burns ma biscuts though...especially when you have your credit card in your hand.....I must have sounded entirely too cheerful.

1. That was hard to read.
2. Are you talking about RCD?

Lost, touché & point taken. You caught me bit@&n' & I know better.
Schrowang, yea it was RCD. Apologies for the bad read & muddying up the thread, I'll try to refrain from ranting in general or trying to work & post w my phone at the same time...the blood moon made me do it! I should clarify that I don't have any beef w RCD & don't doubt RCD makes quality products, obviously they had my interest. It was just that the dude I talked to was really rude. Shouldn't have let it get under my skin. If I have a problem this isn't the place to take it..so my bad on that.
Hotsmoker350...I shoulda just said RCD makes a 67mm work stock vgt that might work well for ya. I tried to find out some more info on it but struck out, give em a call & maybe you'll have better luck.

Well i do drive past their shop every day. If you really really want i can stop in and find out what's what.

Pretty much the same stuff I'm running. I think your numbers are a little low. Thanks Steve B.

I agree with Steve B. I'm a poet!!! When you say "stock appearing" turbo what exactly is it? I wouldn't worry about spilling the beans. You already posted a video of it on CompD. Everybody knows now.

Lost, touché & point taken. You caught me bit@&n' & I know better.
Schrowang, yea it was RCD. Apologies for the bad read & muddying up the thread, I'll try to refrain from ranting in general or trying to work & post w my phone at the same time...the blood moon made me do it! I should clarify that I don't have any beef w RCD & don't doubt RCD makes quality products, obviously they had my interest. It was just that the dude I talked to was really rude. Shouldn't have let it get under my skin. If I have a problem this isn't the place to take it..so my bad on that.
Hotsmoker350...I shoulda just said RCD makes a 67mm work stock vgt that might work well for ya. I tried to find out some more info on it but struck out, give em a call & maybe you'll have better luck.

All good brah LOL that dango blood moon caused some weird feelings in my heats as well!

will they look to see if you have machined the inside of the housings to see if you stuffed a big wheel in the housing(s) ?

will they look to see if you have machined the inside of the housings to see if you stuffed a big wheel in the housing(s) ?

No, all they do is look at the outside of the turbo and put a plug in the inlet to make sure the inlet is stock. I've been called out once on my map ring but the tech guy wasn't sure so they let me go. Haha our tech guys honestly aren't really technical haha

Back