CRT billet valve bodies

Thanks to FirePunk for testing my valve body, I am looking towards a long business relationship with them. I did lots of testing myself with my 727-904 trans brake, that comes in clean neutral, and has 1st & 2nd gear trans brake launch making the 727 a two speed transmission. I have had many racers tell me when they switched to my brake, there race car set new best on 60 foot and over all et. I knew my 48RE trans brake would be just as good.

I am updating the lock up solenoid as we speak so with in two weeks, it will be go to go.

I also offer lock up that comes on automatic when shifting into 4th gear that does not use any solenoid at all, the lock up & switch valve are feed right off of 4th gear oil feed. this is more for street driven trucks.

Quicksilvers work the best with my valve body. lets look side by side the difference in the name plate with the same shifter.

Left is B&M name plate
Center is CRT trans brake. ( PRESS TRANS BRAKE IN N TO BACK UP )
Right is CRT reverse manual

P P P
R N R
N 1 1
D 2 2
2 3 3
1 4 4

So is the quiksilver the only thing that is currently available that has the shift pattern available for your vb? Not exactly an ideal truck/drag truck option. Do you have an idea when Precision is going to have one available?

So is the quiksilver the only thing that is currently available that has the shift pattern available for your vb? Not exactly an ideal truck/drag truck option. Do you have an idea when Precision is going to have one available?

I would think no as long as it is a reverse manual 4 speed?

Could you not use a tci outlaw or b&m pro stick as long as the gate plate is for a reverse manual 4 speed and control trans brake and lock up on switches?

Remember Chrysler transmissions have 6 detents PRND21
GM had 7 detents.
PRNOD21
I am useing 6 detents with a 4 speed auto.

Many shifters will work with my vb. Some might need a modification for 1-2 ( normally N-D )

Go in your truck right now and first count the detents park all the way down to low one. Go back to park and with out lookn at the shifter. Shift down and say out loud.

PARK

NEUREAL ( REVERSE WHEN PUSH TRANS BRAKE )

1st GEAR

2nd GEAR

3rd GEAR

4th GEAR

And see if the shifter you have now will work.

Will this trans brake only engage in low (1) like other power glide transmissions or will it engage in any gear?

We put this valve body on the test bench last night and am very impressed with instant trans brake response, no delay at all on the brake circuit turning on/off. Also there is considerably more volume of fluid to each circuit and the OD manual shift is as instant on/off as all the other gears. Comparing a normal Overdrive shift via the OEM solenoid vs the manual shift is a very noticeable difference in how fast full pressure is achieved to the Overdrive clutch. The only glitch we had was the NOS fuel solenoid used for lockup stuck open during testing, but John has a new solenoid he wanted to switch to anyway. We will put this through its paces and keep you updated on results. The plan is to see if we can get the Pro Street truck to handle a trans brake this year, we've been seeing .3-.4 seconds to drop brake line pressure from 2075psi all the way to 0psi in our logs when launching on foot brake.

Lavon

Any further testing? Did the "glitch" get resolved? If so what were the results afterwards?

Will this trans brake only engage in low (1) like other power glide transmissions or will it engage in any gear?

my 48RE trans brake applys in 1st gear only, but on my 727 trans brake there is a 2nd gear trans brake launch option. I didnt think it was needed for the 48re

Any further testing? Did the "glitch" get resolved? If so what were the results afterwards?

Yes I am switching the NOS solenoid to a transmission style solenoid to fix this glitch. The 1st one built with the update will be tested at Firepunk. Time frame is about 2 weeks.

Remember Chrysler transmissions have 6 detents PRND21
GM had 7 detents.
PRNOD21
I am useing 6 detents with a 4 speed auto.

Many shifters will work with my vb. Some might need a modification for 1-2 ( normally N-D )

Go in your truck right now and first count the detents park all the way down to low one. Go back to park and with out lookn at the shifter. Shift down and say out loud.

PARK

NEUREAL ( REVERSE WHEN PUSH TRANS BRAKE )

1st GEAR

2nd GEAR

3rd GEAR

4th GEAR

And see if the shifter you have now will work.

So the tci outlaw reverse 4 speed will not work for example because it is

PRN1234

but a outlaw reverse 3 speed would

PRN123 (and convert N to first?)

yes the outlaw reverse 3 speed is what you need as that shifter and mY VB have the same # of detents

shifter=PRN123
my VB=PN1234

I use a GM 125 transmission lock up solenoid that can lock up in 2nd 3rd or 4th gear buy a switch

Or comes on automatic when shift into 4th gear

Watching this thread. Would love to go back to using a Trans brake on my mud truck. Hate trying to get the brakes to hold the truck in the mud pit to spool it up, along with my reverse manual VB I had on the th400 I was using. It's still be using it if I could have gotten a Converter to last more than 1/2 a season before it started going out.

Watching this thread. Would love to go back to using a Trans brake on my mud truck. Hate trying to get the brakes to hold the truck in the mud pit to spool it up, along with my reverse manual VB I had on the th400 I was using. It's still be using it if I could have gotten a Converter to last more than 1/2 a season before it started going out.

You didn't like a 400?

I liked the 400, just couldn't keep a converter in it after I upped the power and changed gears. Went through 3 hughes converters in first half of season before going back to the old art carr 13" tight converter I'd been running but it would only last about half a season before it broke, and you could watch the slippage in it increase with each race I went too from the data logger results.

That fellar that runs the black Ford lightening in the pro street got a custom converter done for his 400,with great results. May want to ask him about it if your serious about going back to a 400

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Nah, not going back to the 400, already have a ton invested in the 47re I've built for it. Contacted and talked to a lot of torque converter performance companies and most didn't even want to try to build me something, didn't think it would work.

Back