12V Cylinder Head

its off of a 90, with the rotary pump, I will check on the injector size in the AM, just learned about the differnt sizes 7mm and 9mm right???

yes, if its all original, the non innercooled motors had the bigger 9mm, and the inner cooled had the smaller 7 mm. and the 94-98 12 valves were even different.

It's also possible to lathe down the 9mm injectors into 7mm injectors (so I'm told).

The deal with these Cummins heads is that they all develop cracks within 100,000 miles but those cracks are rarely a problem until 1,000,000 miles. Getting the head surfaced is a more important issue if you're hotrodding the engine with higher-than-stock boost levels; in that case getting the block surfaced is important as well. If you're only running stock boost levels, then things are very forgiving and you could get away with just about anything.

You can find aftermarket cylinder heads on eBay from $500-$700; if you want something that checks out on a magnuflux and doesn't need to machined over, that's your best bet and will probably be cheaper and quicker. If you're looking to just get back on the road for as cheap as possible, plug your nose on the first head you come across for $100-200, save money by not even taking it to a machine shop and hope you get lucky for a couple thousand miles.

Any 12 valve head could work, only 91.5-98 heads have the 7mm injector bores and the 94-98 heads are missing mounting holes for the throttle bracket.

You will be hard pressed finding a Non IC head that isn't cracked between the injector bore and the valve seat. Mine was cracked and I replaced it with a ACH head and put a set of POD's in. I am listing my stuff for sale but not in this tread. Contact ACH or keep a eye on the classifieds you should be able to pick one up without a problem.

pure diesel power has bushing for injectors go to the second page in this section. idont want to transferr the info using works computor right know at school.

I have a head with 9mm holes. I'm pretty sure it is good. I'll dig it up and check for you. It's been here for awhile but kept inside.

Back