14mm Ve pump question

CDH450

For the past few years my friend and i have been building a rat/shop truck. The truck has 5x14 injectors and the ve pump has the fuel pin and the screw turned. As for turbos im running a hx40 16cm/Ht3b 32cm. When i first started this project i really wanted to max the power out of the VE pump with a 14mm and not have to be like everyone else and ppump it.

It looks like we arent getting enough fuel, So i would like to go with the 14mm. But is it better to just buy the head and install it your self or buy the pump already put together as a whole unit? But for the price of a 14mm pump i could just ppump the truck lol

Most of the 14mm aftermarket heads don’t last . Scheid has found a 14mm combo that’s been reliable but you pay for it .

5x.014 is small injectors if you have much of a power goal. I just build a set of 5x.018 injectors for a ve truck that made over 400hp .. 12mm head is about at its limits at the power

yea im really thinking to up the injectors. i was thinking about 5x16 or the 5x18. I might just go for the 5x18s im assuming ill need a 150gph to fuel them though

A piston pump definitely won't flow enough for a 14mm, maybe Power Driven Diesel's hot rod pump.......I run an AirDog 165 at 40psi. You know they are doing a lot of cool stuff with 12mms now if you don't want to spend the cash. 500rwhp is big in a normal street truck.

Back