LED tail light issue

Ackerdiesel

Bought a set of led tail lights for the truck in my sig. When you turn on running lights on the lamp out light comes on and if you hit the brakes the lights flash on and off anyone ever experienced this? Only happens when running lights are on. Everything else functions properly and they function properly if you don't have on the running lights. Improper resistance thru the lights maybe?

Ryan

They arnt pulling enough amps to tell the computer that you dont have a light out. Had to put a small pancake light wired in seris to my lights so it will draw enough to work.
Id say a feller could use a resistor instead. would just have to ohm out a factory tail light to see what the resistance it is.

Hope this helps.

Bought a set of led tail lights for the truck in my sig. When you turn on running lights on the lamp out light comes on and if you hit the brakes the lights flash on and off anyone ever experienced this? Only happens when running lights are on. Everything else functions properly and they function properly if you don't have on the running lights. Improper resistance thru the lights maybe?

Ryan

Hello friend I have got new tail lights and facing same problem.. Were you able to sort it out? please help. Waiting for reply..

Bought a set of led light for the truck in my sig. When you turn on running lights on the lamp out light comes on and if you hit the brakes the lights flash on and off anyone ever experienced this? Only happens when running lights are on. Everything else functions properly and they function properly if you don't have on the running lights. Improper resistance thru the lights maybe?

Ryan

Hello friend I have got new tail lights and facing same problem.. Were you able to sort it out? please help. Waiting for reply..
Still waiting for reply

Most companies that offer the LED lights also offer the resistors, at least they do for motorcycles.

Back