Tire Selection for ODSS 10.5

RD TRCTR

Diesels, Burn Outs & Tits
Making the final push to get the truck ready for the season, planning to run the ODSS 10.5 class. Looking for tire recommendations. What do y'all recommend?

Don't know if it matters or not, third gen QCSB Dodge 4WD, 48RE and 3.73's (manual truck converted to auto).

Hoosier 28x14.50, need to do a little work grinding the front calipers to get 16" wheels to clear.

I run Mickey Thompson ET Street R Drag Radials in a 315/50r17 on some 17x10 Moto Metal wheels. They are 29.5" tall and have worked really well so far.

https://www.mickeythompsontires.com/drag-tires/et-street-r

833930bcd67494c1f420620239a656a5.jpg

904bc44af56951c07ad553953491edc6.jpg

Last edited:
Do they have decent manners when you get out of the throttle on the big end, Bodie?

Do they have decent manners when you get out of the throttle on the big end, Bodie?

I dont notice much difference between these and my 420s on that end of the track. There are more and more people running these tires. Larry Brown runs them on stock dodge aluminum wheels.

I just picked up a set of Hoosier DR2s 325/45/18 for my drag truck that i plan on running the same class with this year. They're on some 18x12 fuel wheels, heard good things about them and got the setup for a good deal so we will see how they do.

I run Mickey Thompson ET Street R Drag Radials in a 315/50r17 on some 17x10 Moto Metal wheels. They are 29.5" tall and have worked really well so far.

https://www.mickeythompsontires.com...go and will never put them on anything again.

Last edited:
I was hoping you would chime in, thank you!

Out of curiosity, you mentioned 420's, do you have any experience with those at the track? Obviously a true drag tire will do best, but I have wondered how they perform in a drag application.

They worked well, I did a best of 1.64 60ft on them. Most street/strip guys use the 420s or Toyo Proxes. I have taken these out on the street a couple times, and they are fine. Only running 20-25psi makes them a little goofy, but airing them up would help with that. I dont drive mine on the street much anymore, single S485 and no interior or AC isnt much fun in south TX.

Back