Compound turbo field tractor.

I love that intake duct. Function over fashion.

Wonder if the radiator would cross with a 50, 55, or 60 series Deere.

lol it was sooo hard not to cut a hole through the hood but it worked out ok. Looks like it flows like a brick wall but with a clean filter on it there is zero vacuum on the Intake so I guess it works good enough!

6030's are odd ducks everything on it is model specific. Makes it tough finding parts.. it could use a little more cooling capacity. I had to turn it down when I was disking in the field, couldn't keep it cool.

Did you change the core when you did the radiator? We usually go to the biggest number and size of tubes we can fit between the tanks when we rebuild one.

Chris

6f481a6a9ed753a55215f32c99ac9b1a.jpg

Made it thru last fall tillage and the 619 I used was shot, couldn’t keep oil in it from all the blowby. So I did an in frame over the winter. Thought I’d fire ring the sleeves while it was handy, I got a kit from a shop I won’t name they sent instructions on how to machine sleeves, had my machine shop follow their instructions, installed and when i torqued the head down it broke all 6 liners, by that time it was getting time for spring planting and was getting pressed for time, ended up just putting stock sleeves back in without fire rings, just shimmed the liners up to get more squeeze on the stock gasket. Ended up buying an 8400 so this thing just sits in the shed now.

d633d9fe7607f8aa5f964c6d5e614c69.jpg

Made all of the local tractor pulls, tractor will spin out in 7th gear no issue, but don’t quite have enough clutch to hang 8th!

Did you have this for sale a while back? I'm up in NW Mo & swore i saw it on one of the pages I'm a member of. I've followed this build & thought it'd be odd if two tractor this similar were for sale in MO.

If the sleeves were reliance i wouldn't necessarily point fingers at the fire ring instructions. Their material is scrap iron, and a low grade of it. I've seen their sleeves break on stone stock configurations with the proper stock head gasket.

Back