New Member...Colorado

Big cam?

Nice to see some old trucks still getting some attention.

Yes sir. The '84 Pete had a formula (meaning designed to be a turd) 350 pump, so it was pulled, and rebuilt to something more flexible, the '76 Kenworth BC 400 transplant needed the engine brake to work better, and we should be able to adjust that pump up without pulling it.

I worked here at the shop after school when that '84 pete was new. :doh:

Yes sir. The '84 Pete had a formula (meaning designed to be a turd) 350 pump, so it was pulled, and rebuilt to something more flexible, the '76 Kenworth BC 400 transplant needed the engine brake to work better, and we should be able to adjust that pump up without pulling it.

I worked here at the shop after school when that '84 pete was new. :doh:

Do you do the pump work in house? Are you planning on building it the CPL 625 specs?

I've got a 79 CL9000 with a big cam 400.I tweeked the screw in the throttle, changed the button and shimmed the governor. It runs pretty strong. It needs more air though. Got to run by the pedal.

I've also got a 74 pete with a small cam 350. It's a high pressure setup. Needs the pump and injectors redone to make power safely for the cam.

Way to date yourself Jeff!!

that pete was on fbook awhile back for something

Sure was. ;) Probably where you saw it.

89e0a9aacbda0d2adc8b4876f5774d3f.jpg

All people did was bitch about the visor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you do the pump work in house? Are you planning on building it the CPL 625 specs?

I've got a 79 CL9000 with a big cam 400.I tweeked the screw in the throttle, changed the button and shimmed the governor. It runs pretty strong. It needs more air though. Got to run by the pedal.

I've also got a 74 pete with a small cam 350. It's a high pressure setup. Needs the pump and injectors redone to make power safely for the cam.

Way to date yourself Jeff!!

Actually, CPL 393, or 989 (locomotive) is our go to, but this one is called the race pump. We do build in house, but this one was sent to Diesel Controls over in Massillon Ohio, because we don't have a stand to run them in on. The engine is as good as a test stand, but a pump like this one needs to be dialed in.

What turbo is on the Ford now?

Actually, CPL 393, or 989 (locomotive) is our go to, but this one is called the race pump. We do build in house, but this one was sent to Diesel Controls over in Massillon Ohio, because we don't have a stand to run them in on. The engine is as good as a test stand, but a pump like this one needs to be dialed in.

What turbo is on the Ford now?

Okay, I'll have to look into those CPL numbers. I've heard of Diesel Controls, talked to a gentleman there 4 maybe 5 years ago about pump and injector work for the small cam. Decided it was not worth it since I picked up the Ford with a 400 big cam.

To be honest I don't remember what turbos on the Ford. I had it off a couple.years ago to weld the cracked exhaust manifold. I'll take a look and get back with you.

Back