Dual CP3 kit pre-order

Cody got some seat time today with the production kit installed. Happy to report the truck will still do 60mph rolling burnouts and we had no issues. Now the wait begins for the parts to be machined for production kits.

im new to common rails, I have a 06' and may be in the market for a dual cp3 kit, I currently have a stock 6.7 pump on the truck.

anyways, how are the two pumps feed? a t fitting and rubber hose?

Sence the pump pictured looks nothing like the pump on the truck (or the 5.9 pump I have) im assuming that's a duramax top pump? is that the high pressure line coming out the side with a 180 bend going to that distribution block?

What (or whos) controller is used for the second pump?

It is a dual feed setup. Its a lly dmax top pump. It is our own controller. That is the hp line yes that does the 180 if you use a cummins pump it will not have the 180.

Last edited:
Here is a picture of the bracket fresh off of the CNC and on the mock-up block with idler pulley installed. Pulleys are being anodized now, and I am waiting on what should be the final controller version with a little revised circuitry. We are getting very close to being able to ship the pre-ordered kits. We will have better kit photos up as soon as stuff comes back from anodizing.

Attachments

• cp3bracket.jpg
    cp3bracket.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Here is a picture of the bracket fresh off of the CNC and on the mock-up block with idler pulley installed. Pulleys are being anodized now, and I am waiting on what should be the final controller version with a little revised circuitry. We are getting very close to being able to ship the pre-ordered kits. We will have better kit photos up as soon as stuff comes back from anodizing.

what color are the pulleys being anodized? Will the brackets remain raw or will they get anodized too.

thanks,
jp

I like that bracket, if it's worth building it's worth over building. So far this looks like it's going to be a real good kit.

I like the look of the kit, keeping it simple and down low... belt should never slip with that much contact on the pulley!!!

Cody, we may have to do a tech article on one soon...

Pulley may be getting a fancy logo cut into it after anodizing.

fwiw, I like the kit because it looks somewhat factory. Cutting a fancy logo into the pulley would kill that.

In CA, we have to deal with smog, and the PPE kit is the only one out with a carb e.o. #. As long as your kit remains factory looking, I don't think the average guy would be able to recognize it as being aftermarket. If the bracket was coated/painted/anodized it would help.

You're my top choice for a dual pump kit so far, just want to see some time put on a kit first.

Not all of the pulleys will be machined, we kept a few out of the first run from anodizing. A few of the anodized will be left plain black. The bracket is a brushed aluminum look and you really can't even see it with everything installed. We knew some would want either raw aluminum or black for the pulley.

Back