best/cheapest LB7 downpipe/uppipe

OBXdieselAddict

he whats up guys, title pretty much explains it. I am looking into what down pipe and up pipe I should run on my truck without forking out $500:doh: for these two. My buddy mentioned that the lmm pipes can be mounted on an lb7 and doesnt have the big notch in the pipe like on the lb7. Is it possible to run LMM pipes? If not what is the best route to take on this.

he whats up guys, title pretty much explains it. I am looking into what down pipe and up pipe I should run on my truck without forking out $500:doh: for these two. My buddy mentioned that the lmm pipes can be mounted on an lb7 and doesnt have the big notch in the pipe like on the lb7. Is it possible to run LMM pipes? If not what is the best route to take on this.

The BD manifold on one side used to be the budget set up. Though i think it might be cheaper to run the LML driver side manifold instead of the BD now.

For the next point, im pretty sure the inlets on the IHI charger are smaller than the up pipes anyhow. So unless you pull the turbo and port it, up pipes aren't really worthwhile.

For downpipes, I think Diamond eye is probably the least expensive downpipe out there. But its been a while since i shopped em.

Rick Lance aka profab sells his downpipe for like $165
LB7 Downpipe

And a driver side LMM or LML manifold will help and are much cheaper than the BD. You won't find uppipes cheaper than $500 so I am assuming you meant manifold.

alright sounds good. I'll start looking around for a new lmm or lml driver side manifold and either profab or diamond eye down pipe then. thanks guys

LMM is still pinched down. Look at Merchant auto, they have an LML manifold kit for about $150

alright so i am about to bite the bullet and order the profab downpipe is it worth getting it heat wrapped? $18 is it a huge difference with egt's?

It will help keep underhood temps down and will keep heat off the firewall. I would say it is worth it since you would probably pay as much to buy heat wrap and do it yourself. And it probably wouldn't come out as nice either lol

profab for the downpipe and get it wrapped. An LML manifold from a wholesale dealer is less than 100 bucks

Yea I am really liking that idea since its so cheap. Im no mechanic though, how much do you think getting the lml manifold and a downpipe put on will be in labor? Is this a pretty time consuming job?

I think once you remove the driver side wheel, fender liner and steering shaft it is fairly accessible.

Back