Wrong nozzles?

2004cuminz

I put a tater built and 120hp nozzles on my truck this weekend.had ctt write me a tune for turbo nozzles and dual cp3. Had a tune from matt at hp and ran great for a all stock truck. So put the tune in and it ran like stock. Sent them a wot run to recalibrate tune. Put stock tune in meanwhile but i noticed that when i get on it it has a crackle like sound through the exhaust. Sound kinda like a detriot. I bought the nozzles used and i wonder if ther not meant for a early cr and mine is a late 04.5. Truck fires right up no haze or smoke of any kind. I wish i had a tune that was decent.

Why were you so quick to blame the tune? Sounds like your nozzles or installation is the issue.

Last edited:
I never blamed tune. I stated that i put it on ran like stock sent them a wot run and am waiting for them to send new tune back. If you read i said i wondered if they were for an early cr and mine is a late. Not trying to sound like a dick either. I dont think it is the tune as it done it with ctt tune and stock tune.

Back