Im pretty impressed for what it is.

So do you use 50 or 100 dollar bills instead of charmin?

He's got a golden bidet

giphy.gif

Breaking out a new engine in the era of “tap tap tap tuning” has to be nerve wracking. I’m just glad there’s a truck out there uglier than the 4th gen dodges LOL

These really do fill a pretty good niche though.

Breaking out a new engine in the era of “tap tap tap tuning” has to be nerve wracking. I’m just glad there’s a truck out there uglier than the 4th gen dodges LOL

These really do fill a pretty good niche though.

I should've clarified.... this is the Hellcat that replaced the Nissan Cummins.

Thought it was just headgaskets? Why a whole new engine?

They found metal in oil. Suspect also there was some hydrolock symptoms.

The main Chysler engineers told him to check the oil contol valve for metal even before compression. Clearly they know something not commonly known yet catch the flaw and this slipped through the crack.

Morgan the tech and one of the main techs for FCA said this was a first for him and all he works on is High end performance platforms... Vipers, Hellcats, exotics, but knows the 5.9 and 6.7 diesels in and out aswell being diesel certified.

Last edited:
Do people care about number matching on these newers cars like this?

No.

Just like people don't care about beanered 2nd gen daullies.:hehe:

Guy I met the other day has an all original matching 68 charger RT.... he said "it is worth $70-80, told me he would give it to me for a roof and $25k"(his roof was 30k). I just had to walk away before I acted impulsively.

Last edited:
Sheeet i had a ls2 gto h/c 150 shot, faster than that Haha
Whens the new engine going in?

It'll be about a month til I get it back. I saw the pic today the mechanic took of what he foumd and it's not glitter yet an actual sliver of filing of sorts. Currently their suspecting cam or lifter failure. Everything that touched coolant or oil will be replaced.

Back