Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Garmon Diesel
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Garmon Diesel Ask Jeff Garmon

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #81
BowtiedCTD

Name: BowtiedCTD
Title: CHIVE ON
Member`s Gallery
Thank you Jeff, that wasn't all that painful other than sorting through the rantings in that thread.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:36 PM   #82
jesnic

Name: jesnic
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I am by no means a trans guru. When I had problems with my stock trans, I took it to Jeff for a work out. He rebuilt it and it ran great, shifted perfect. Jeff rebuilt my trans and installed Phil's converter. It ran great. No problems. I drove it for a while until I got messing around and broke my input shaft. I took it back to Jeff and he installed a billet shaft and a billet flex plate. The TC was still in good shape and it was reused. It has been running great, but I have noticed that when I pull very heavy, the trans temp light comes on. Didn't really give it a thought until I was cruising the comp d and CF site and saw Jeff's recall. I called him and asked about it. He said there were some problems with the torque converters, but only if they had the billet flex plate, and if my trans was overheating, bring it to him and he will cover the cost of repairs. Now that folks is a man standing behind his company and reputation, right wrong or indifferent! I also am a business owner and I realize what it takes to make a good representation of your company. I applaud Jeff for standing up and covering issues that have been brought about by uncontrollable circumstances. Jeff is and has always been a pioneer and one step ahead of the trans guys in the diesel world. Just be glad that he not only found a problem, but is also the first to step up and figure it out and make the changes. I am sure, whatever or who ever is to blame will come out and everyone will realize that Garmon's Diesel Performance has stood behind their trans, NO MATTER WHAT and NO MATTER WHO. Jeff, sorry I haven't had a chance to drop it off yet. I am hoping for some free time to get it to you next week. Thanks again for being the best in the business. BTW, my brother's truck is doing awesome.
02 QC LB, 4x4, ISSPRO gauges, garmonized trans, triple disk, hot rod vp44, dragon flow sticks, Garrett GT3782R, aem workhorse intake, 4:10, 4" silverline, BD RAD, comp as ez, smarty, raptor 150, 285/75/17 nittos, nav, dvd, twin 15" subs, 7.1 surround sound

Old 08-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #83
Big Swole

Name: Big Swole
Title: MegaInterceptor
Member`s Gallery
For those that saw the CF thread or the fallout here, please read this link;

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

-2006 Honda S2000 - SOS Supercharged - 397 whp - Silverstone Metallic
-2016 RAM 2500 MegaCab Diesel - Silver (Tuned)
-HERS
-2019 718 Boxster S - Miami Blue 6MT, Cobb Tune, Soul, Ohlins,
-2014 958.1 Cayenne S - Umber Metallic / Luxor Beige
-2013 Honda Civic S.i.Coupe - 6MT

Closed Thread