2009 F350 6.4 to 5.9 Cummins

Nope works about the same as the cummins conversion tune, flares with a trailer terrible if I don't shift it by hand. If I drive like an old lady it shifts good. Shame to have a good transmission with a crack whore computer!!

That sucks. Heard a lot of good feedback about him

Me to but I think he finally gave up on me. Went threw around 5 or 6 tunes with no luck. That's how things go for me.

18000 lb. excavator, mid size. F350 with 19.5 tires 4.10 gears, it pulls and stops it pretty good. Trailer has 12,000 axles.

Me to but I think he finally gave up on me. Went threw around 5 or 6 tunes with no luck. That's how things go for me.
What software platform is he using?

I see HP tuners is an option. I'm curious what I can do on there but I don't have a guinea pig truck.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

I've ran a he351 over a 3b for years. Runs great and real responsive but it is in a 5200 lb. twd shortbed. Still have it with 380,000 miles. Around 70 lbs. of boost max. The he 351 on my 09 ford 12 valve runs real good also. I see no problem with 12 valves set up right.

I think Phil is a hater. I loved my 12V, I just wanted to expand my abilities with the CR.
Hard to beat a 12V set at 500rwhp for all around do it all.

I want a RCSB F250 slammed with nasty things done to it as a toy.

18000 lb. excavator, mid size. F350 with 19.5 tires 4.10 gears, it pulls and stops it pretty good. Trailer has 12,000 axles.

I think you're about due for a single axle dump ain't ya? Make things a little easier, haul your equipment and material.

A set of small compound turbos.

Like a s300G, over a s475. What I ran for yrs and performed great.

Could you help me better understand the setup? Maybe some links.

My biggest issues so far with the 12V is the noise, black smoke, and slow take off. If these would no longer be an issue then I would reconsider the 24V CR.

I think a 500hp 12v with small compounds is a joy to drive.
But given that he's used to common rail quiet, easy starting in the winter, and overall lack of "character that a 12 valve has, I think a cr swap is better.
I think Phil is a hater. I loved my 12V, I just wanted to expand my abilities with the CR.
Hard to beat a 12V set at 500rwhp for all around do it all.

I want a RCSB F250 slammed with nasty things done to it as a toy.

No hate at all, daily driven both. Common rail has better manners all around.

It is nice to start mine on 100 overs and it not act a *******ed fool when it's cold.

Took me a bit to get to that point with the tuning, but I'm a one man show so...

Could you help me better understand the setup? Maybe some links.

My biggest issues so far with the 12V is the noise, black smoke, and slow take off. If these would no longer be an issue then I would reconsider the 24V CR.

You can dynamat the hell out of a cab, maybe a ford is already tons better than an old dodge, but other than that a 12 valve is going to be noisy as hell.

You can fix the smoke and the slow take off with exactly what jasonC mentioned

I've got a tandem dump with a triple axle pintle hitch. I've tried single axles before they get stuck to easy. I'm a one man band so piles of trucks are to much overhead.

I think you're about due for a single axle dump ain't ya? Make things a little easier, haul your equipment and material.

I have a tandem dump with triple axle pintle hitch. Thinking about adding another drop axle to it. Don't need another dump and single axles get stuck to easy. I've tried them. I usually only work a 15 mile radius of home so it's not bad. If I have to travel to a city job I usually need the dump truck then.

Back