10.79 @ 127 New best time

paulb

Did some changes recently and picked up a considerable decrease in E.T. Here's a time slip:

1079Pass_zpsl1o2ibro.jpg

And a snap shot of the datalog of the run:

1079Log_zpsr8ep4p2n.png

The truck is an 2005, with a 66 over an S488, Durmax cp3 over the stock cp3 (running without a cp3 controller), BBI stage 4 injectors. The engine is actually my backup engine, and has been in the truck for about 3.5 years. It has a lot of passes on it. It has early 03 SO pistons (without the cooling passages), that were coated by Swain. A Don M's F1 cam shaft. Crower rods, and the head was pocket ported by me. :) The tune is a fairly mild tune, and the limiting factor is air, not fuel. The transmission is from Ultimate transmission, and as you can see in the log the torque converter locks in 1st gear, and the shifts are very evenly spaced from there on.

The truck weighs 7200lbs with me in it. It actually ran a 10.75 later in the day with me on the brakes trying not to break out. Lost by .003. I'm just having a hard time adjusting to how much faster it is. I'm still running my mud and snow tires from this winter (Goodyear Wrangler AT's :)), so traction is a little limited.

I plan on running in the 10.90 class this weekend at the NHRDA race in Sacramento. I just need to slow it down a touch first... I hope to see some old friends there.

Paul

Did some changes recently and picked up a considerable decrease in E.T. Here's a time slip:

1079Pass_zpsl1o2ibro.jpg

And a snap shot of the datalog of the run:

1079Log_zpsr8ep4p2n.png

The truck is an 2005, with a 66 over an S488, Durmax cp3 over the stock cp3 (running without a cp3 controller), BBI stage 4 injectors. The engine is actually my backup engine, and has been in the truck for about 3.5 years. It has a lot of passes on it. It has early 03 SO pistons (without the cooling passages), that were coated by Swain. A Don M's F1 cam shaft. Crower rods, and the head was pocket ported by me. :) The tune is a fairly mild tune, and the limiting factor is air, not fuel. The transmission is from Ultimate transmission, and as you can see in the log the torque converter locks in 1st gear, and the shifts are very evenly spaced from there on.

The truck weighs 7200lbs with me in it. It actually ran a 10.75 later in the day with me on the brakes trying not to break out. Lost by .003. I'm just having a hard time adjusting to how much faster it is. I'm still running my mud and snow tires from this winter (Goodyear Wrangler AT's :)), so traction is a little limited.

I plan on running in the 10.90 class this weekend at the NHRDA race in Sacramento. I just need to slow it down a touch first... I hope to see some old friends there.

Paul

Congrats Paul. I'm glad all the hard work is paying off. I miss living in Klamath and seeing you daily drive that thing!

Thats impressive on at tires, put some real tires on it. Probably has 10:50's or better in it.

Thats impressive on at tires, put some real tires on it. Probably has 10:50's or better in it.

With the Toyo Proxies on it, it normally will do 1.59 60' times. So your right, a tenth quicker in the 60' normally equates to two tenths in the 1/4.

Paul

Hello Paul, glad to see that you are still in the game. I feel sorry for the poor competitors in the 10.90 class if you are running. Have fun! I'd wish you luck, but with your Wallys, I don't believe you need any.

Paul did you go to the Sacramento race? I never saw your truck when I skimmed through the video. Looked like it was pretty much a bust. Lots of rain and not many trucks.

Back