Twin Variable Vane turbos

Isn't Jesse, Warren Diesel (dude with a couple fords in the UCC challenge??) the 6.0 king? Kinda has to be with what all he's accomplished with one, I'd think? He's up in PA or somewhere NE USA I believe?

Regardless, SUPER COOL rat rod!!

I have reached out to him and they don’t have any experience with true twins. They had some suggestions and were helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like we will be trying this set up. Not gonna get huge hp but we are hoping it will be steetable and run a decent pass.

Turbos : S256/70 63ar
Injectors : 8mm hybrids 400cc 150 % nozzles

Thoughts?

Cheers!!
Piker

The problem with true twins on a diesel is we don’t have enough rpm range to use them effectively. Size them small enough to spool well, they won’t flow enough to make decent power, size them large enough to make power, good luck spooling them. Compound will be necessary to make the power you’re wanting.

If you are still running the belt driven secondary hpop, and have it sorted out, that amount of oil and 8mm 400/150’s will be easily enough fuel for 800hp. You will struggle to hit 1,000 hp (fuel only) with a 150% nozzle.
Needless to say, the rest of the engine will need to be up to snuff.

The problem with true twins on a diesel is we don’t have enough rpm range to use them effectively. Size them small enough to spool well, they won’t flow enough to make decent power, size them large enough to make power, good luck spooling them. Compound will be necessary to make the power you’re wanting.

If you are still running the belt driven secondary hpop, and have it sorted out, that amount of oil and 8mm 400/150’s will be easily enough fuel for 800hp. You will struggle to hit 1,000 hp (fuel only) with a 150% nozzle.
Needless to say, the rest of the engine will need to be up to snuff.

We have come to realize the true twins won’t push the big horse power. Hoping these s256’s can be snappy and get us into the 650-700 hp mark.

Thanks for your input!

Time will tell.

I guess time told...

Interested to see what happens with the small turbos you plan to run. I wonder if with some creative gating you might have some phun.

Just spitballing here but what about headers and twin scroll exhaust housings? Anything to be had there?

Last edited:
I guess time told...

Interested to see what happens with the small turbos you plan to run. I wonder if with some creative gating you might have some phun.

Just spitballing here but what about headers and twin scroll exhaust housings? Anything to be had there?

If the twins suck we will utilize the headers and do a custom compound set up. I really like the look of the twins and the truck is more for show than track.

I will look into your idea sootie, thank you for your input.

If the twins suck we will utilize the headers and do a custom compound set up. I really like the look of the twins and the truck is more for show than track.

I will look into your idea sootie, thank you for your input.

You've got the looks nailed that's for sure!

Update

After a ton of emails parts have been ordered.
Turbos:
AGP Turbo Z2 5762E Billet - AGP Turbo
Injectors
8mm hybird 400CC 150% nozzle

Will post video when installed

Hole shot wheels look awesome!

Attachments

• wrqeWhNGQemyDPegznw+pg.jpg
    wrqeWhNGQemyDPegznw+pg.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1CYLOd2USCyCiHTcBuWkeg.jpg
    1CYLOd2USCyCiHTcBuWkeg.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 0
Back at it!
More to come this spring as we swap the engine and tranny out for built gear. Thumper 11, new injectors and a two stage NOS system to push her down the track. Will be sticking with the old school twin 57 mm turbos. Getting pumped!
Piker

e568c0e4e62530c4c8d15e77f96d914e.jpg
e8435861ca9ad84a48a79d69438d367a.jpg
48a6043f8adfdb24f767d286a33c1aab.jpg

Truck is still a work in progress. Rewired the truck including a standalone harness from Warren Diesel. We shed roughly 30 lbs and it cleaned up the under hood immensely. Should have some results in the next month or so.

I'm assuming the rear is on bags? If not, those springs are totally mind phuking me right now

Truck is still a work in progress. Rewired the truck including a standalone harness from Warren Diesel. We shed roughly 30 lbs and it cleaned up the under hood immensely. Should have some results in the next month or so.

Interest to see how it works and what you need to retain verses what you got rid of.

Going to start my 6.0 into a 51 this summer/fall.

Back