Black Friday Week Turbo Sale!!!

What is the main difference between the afc live stage 1 and 2?

The main difference is that the stage 2 has a full power mode switch. Both stages can be tune to make max power and have the same tuning abilities. The benifit of the switch is convenience. Once you have your street tuning all dialed in it will most likely be a low smoke good egt setting. Then if your buddy pulls up next to you your option will be to turn the knobs to full power, go race and then re-tune to your previous settings. Or you can flip the switch on the stage 2 go race then flip it back to your previous settings. Stage 2 also incorporates a gauge to let you know how much pressure you are running through the system and that is a tuning aid. Example you might like 5psi while freeway driving for max economy, 8 psi for towing and 15 psi for hotrodding and so forth.

I tow heavy! but the 6.4 should pull a lot of air I'm afraid the 369 will be laggy and smokey

In my personal opinion I would only consider 4 of the sxe turbos. The s362/68, the s364.5/68 the s364 and the s369.

The reason I would not consider the s366 over the 369 is I don't think the difference in spool will be all that substantial and here is why. We all know that the moment of inertia is greater with the bigger wheels and they are harder to turn. That moment is mainly determined by OD of the wheels. The turbine wheel on the 66 and 69 is identical. The compressor wheel OD of both the 66 and 69 is also identical. So the only difference in the inducer diameter on the 69. Will it be a little slower to go than the 66? probably but I doubt it is a lot and I always want more flow!

The sxe363/68 and 364.5/68 is the same story, only difference is the inducer diameter.

bw364sxe with T4 divided 3.5 v band is what I'm thinking for my 6.4 build! Can anyone verify this choice and or suggest other options for a 700+ HP tow rig slash bad ass kicker!

A 700HP single charger tow rig is a tall order for sure. I know people have made 800 on the s369 but that is pushing it quite hard with some very aggressive not tow friendly tuning. You may be able to hit 700 with the 64.5. I always wonder about people hitting a number on a dyno vs. backing up that number at the track. You could probably hit 700 on a dyno with the 64.5 I would really question if it could make 700 with an ET slip.

The main difference is that the stage 2 has a full power mode switch. Both stages can be tune to make max power and have the same tuning abilities. The benifit of the switch is convenience. Once you have your street tuning all dialed in it will most likely be a low smoke good egt setting. Then if your buddy pulls up next to you your option will be to turn the knobs to full power, go race and then re-tune to your previous settings. Or you can flip the switch on the stage 2 go race then flip it back to your previous settings. Stage 2 also incorporates a gauge to let you know how much pressure you are running through the system and that is a tuning aid. Example you might like 5psi while freeway driving for max economy, 8 psi for towing and 15 psi for hotrodding and so forth.

Good explanation. In what case should someone wait for the AFC RACE? I have compounds, so I wasn't sure if it had added benefits for tuning those or ? Although my truck is a DD/tow truck, doesn't get raced too much.

Good explanation. In what case should someone wait for the AFC RACE? I have compounds, so I wasn't sure if it had added benefits for tuning those or ? Although my truck is a DD/tow truck, doesn't get raced too much.

If you don't use your truck regularly at the track in an index class or bracket racing class, I wouldn't wait for a race box. If you do bracket race your truck or run an index class such as 11.90, 10.90, or 10.50 ET, then give us a call and bend our arm to build you a race box before next season...

Today is the last day for the Black Friday Week sale. Be sure to buy before midnight Mountain Time tonight which is 11 PM Pacific Time to save on your purchase.

BlackFridayWEB-01-02-1024x521.png

Thank you for the explanation on the afc differences, had I not got a ticket on turkey day I was gonna buy a stage 2, maybe there will be a Christmas sale haha. Quite impressive looking, can't wait to try one on the ranger. Wish you guys were on the east coast I'd come drop off a trams to get straightened out and get me one sooner

Last edited:
Hey, I wanted to say thanks for having the sale. I just ordered afc live stage 2 red and the afc max travel kit for my 96'. I look forward to using this product and based on what others have said, i'm sure I will be writing another good review.

1996 Dodge Ram 2500 mostly stock

I wonder if I should order the rack kit even though I've got a mack plug and AFC kit from Farrel... Are the springs that different? I see a 45-60 psi kit, I've seen up to 80 in the past but its not typical, 60-65 max is.

I wonder if I should order the rack kit even though I've got a mack plug and AFC kit from Farrel... Are the springs that different? I see a 45-60 psi kit, I've seen up to 80 in the past but its not typical, 60-65 max is.

We spent quite a bit of time mapping out different springs. The problem with most is the stock AFC Springs are fairly short and usually have low-end smoke problems when the starwheel is loosed enough to allow full rack travel before coil bind. Our springs are a little longer. That said, AFC LIVE works well with the stock spring because it can slow it down enough that you don't need gobs of pre-load on the starwheel. The one place a stock spring will still hold you back is whenever the AFC is set full rearward, then it seems the AFC cannot achieve full travel with a stock spring with moderate starwheel tension. With the Max Travel Kit springs, the starwheel is set to the full loose position and the spring is long enough to provide adequate pre-load yet still obtain full travel.

But to be clear, the stock AFC spring works well so the max travel kit is not an essential upgrade.

Answer the question! Or were you holding out?? LOL
This Question:Originally Posted by homewrecker View Post
Any wastegated exhaust housings with the cr flange? Just seeing hx40 listed

Yes we offer wastegated housings with an he351 outlet. I need to update the website, sorry about that.

Hey, I wanted to say thanks for having the sale. I just ordered afc live stage 2 red and the afc max travel kit for my 96'. I look forward to using this product and based on what others have said, i'm sure I will be writing another good review.

1996 Dodge Ram 2500 mostly stock

You are welcome, and I am excited to read your review!

Back