Lookin for dependable 6.0

I love this thread.... how many trees have you uprooted wit yo powerstroke brah? I believe every guy who has the sAme outlook on auto trannys has at least uprooted 5... .

While I agree that a "sick oh" is sssoooooo not the greatest engine in the world, one might argue similar with a Cummins Common Fail.

Seen more than my share of 5.9s and 6.7s with HG failures, windows and injector failures, as well as total burn downs for (apparently) purely magical reasons.

I also have a pile of scrap CRs to prove it.
Which flavor do you want to see? Windows? Toasted cranks? gouged blocks? Melted pistons? Crispy Critter? It's all there!

Not really trying to ruin your fun, but I'm just sayin'. :pop:

Mark.

I agree Mark, they all have their problems. Ford is just so much more a pain in the a$$ to fix when they do fail.

Right! For them bein such "****ty" trucks it sure hard to find one for sale.

89 F-Superduty -this is boring, lets go pull something.
96 VW Passat -cheap to drive, expensive to fix.

You may like your fast Cummins,
But your wife likes my slow powerstroke.

Right! For them bein such "****ty" trucks it sure hard to find one for sale.

Correct. Most of them go straight to the scrap yard.

Correct. Most of them go straight to the scrap yard.

See them everywhere, just not for sale.

I see them everywhere for sale for around 2/3 the cost of a comparable Cummins or duramax, tho most autos. Not only are their motors junk, so is their resale value.

Last edited:
6.0's are not a bad motor, most don't have a clue how they even work.... As far as the OP thinking 4rs are complete junk, educate your self son before you make yourself look like a bigger ass...

Hell, I can't believe members here are actually getting on the o/p's case about it. Is it really anyone else's business? If the guy wants a 6.0, then he can buy one. Everyone else STFU.

Thank you. Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this way. Lol.

6.0's are not a bad motor, most don't have a clue how they even work.... As far as the OP thinking 4rs are complete junk, educate your self son before you make yourself look like a bigger ass...

I just don't like autos, they don't hold up in a hayfield or with much constant weight. I've been stranded to many times because of an automatic trans failure.

Why don't you educate your self? Cause last I checked 6.0's didn't come with 4r's

Back