Work stock pulling

Blacked_out_CTD

Hello Everyone. I am new to the forum. I have a 2015 RAM 2500 MEGA CAB w/ Cummins 6.7 & 68RFE. First off the truck is bone stock. I would like to do some local pulls with my truck in my area. I did a pull about a month ago and was absolutely hooked. What can I do to make this truck pull better without sacrificing its everyday driver use? One item I am worried about but really can not find any information on is the rear coil spring suspension. Is there anything I can with that for pulling? Or is that setup pretty much a show stopper for trying to make this a work stock puller? I made 3 passes the night I pulled for the first time. The first two I kinda needed to feel out what to do and how to adjust what gear and what not. The third and last pull I thought I had the gearing right but towards the end of the track it wanted to hop. I had to get out of it 3 times and eventually ended up with a shorter pull than expected. Any help, advice, and opinions will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Brush pulls are good, pretty much no rules. You should build a set of suspension stops for the rear, block it solid. Sled stops are a good investment as well.

Build a bracket off the frame, make a removable bar to go between that and the axle. As far as traction bars, you have four link. That's a step ahead of traction bars. How ever, you could beef of the OEM link bars. How are they put together? They fully boxed?

Build a bracket off the frame, make a removable bar to go between that and the axle. As far as traction bars, you have four link. That's a step ahead of traction bars. How ever, you could beef of the OEM link bars. How are they put together? They fully boxed?

The four link is pretty beefy. But they are much shorter than what I see on the traction bar setups. So making the rear end solid will get rid of the truck wanting to hop?

Maybe, it's a place to start. You could pull the bottom links and make longer ones, mounting them further up the frame. Someone with a bit more experience with the new suspension will have to chime in.

bfb0775de32d7434d5ed96cff4b459f8.jpg

Make a piece to go in place of the OEM bump stop.

Weld a nut into the end of the pipe, couple inch bolt. Adjust with a wrench. Solid, 1" gap. Etc.

Weld a nut into the end of the pipe, couple inch bolt. Adjust with a wrench. Solid, 1" gap. Etc.

Thanks, sorry for all the newbie questions. I tried getting some info at the pull. Most everyone was amateurs and we are out to have fun. But no one really wanted to spread the knowledge. Not only would I like to be able to pool better and not look like a complete idiot out there with this big beastly truck:banghead: But I want to do the right things to protect it from getting damaged from not knowing any better. I know pulling nice new big trucks isn't the smartest thing in some peoples opinion. But I bought the truck because I like the truck. And damnit I just want to have fun :rockwoot:

EFILive for tuning/performance

Tires..... BFG All Terrains, Interco STS's, Nitto Terra Grapplers or Dune Grapplers (dunes work with lower horsepower trucks...at least my $.02 )

Thanks for the advice! I like the idea of the EFILive w/ a CSP5 switch for sure. The tires has been tough for me to figure out. I have the black out package and the stock tires a 285/60R20's. and there isn't much out there from what I am seeing on that size. I could bump up the tire size a little and get more options but that would most likely require some type of mild lift im thinking. Is it a bad idea to lift if you plan to pull?? I am also wanting to do EGR/DPF delete, and do a turbo back exhaust. Any thoughts on straight piping it all the way back or throwing a muffler on it at least? I am a fan of louder trucks. But at the same time I don't want a unbearable drown going down the highway.

I'm not a fan of lifted trucks pulling. It can be done, but takes alot of trial and error to get it set up right.

I have a 5" Turbo back with a muffler on my 2012 3500. It's a little louder in the cab, but not bad.

I'm not a fan of lifted trucks pulling. It can be done, but takes alot of trial and error to get it set up right.

I have a 5" Turbo back with a muffler on my 2012 3500. It's a little louder in the cab, but not bad.

Does the truck still have a nice growl with muffler? How much louder is it than stock?

Back